British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

I suggest you check out some of his posts on other threads about Speedway, when he used to post on them. His behaviour was the same as it has been on this one, obsessive to the point of bullying. He may not have set out to be a bully but he singles people out, like he seems to have done with you and baits them. Now you and I may be big and ugly enough to handle this, water off a ducks back... but not everybody is.

Bully: "a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable"

I'm quite possibly one of the least vulnerable people around so he can carry on with his crusade/bullying tactics, I'm now ignoring him but yet he's still posting responses to me.  The words 'screw' and 'loose' have come to mind :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, chris4gillian said:

I'm quite possibly one of the least vulnerable people around so he can carry on with his crusade/bullying tactics, I'm now ignoring him but yet he's still posting responses to me.  The words 'screw' and 'loose' have come to mind :t:

You replied to me 4 mins ago! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

The worrying thing is though that there are vulnerable people around, no doubt some on here and when a character like him latches on to them things could take a turn for the worse, especially as a lot of people are currently mentally fragile during the current pandemic...

See what I've done there? I've managed to bring it back on topic :rofl:

... But of course, we all know... There is no pandemic :rofl:

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

Just now, iainb said:

The worrying thing is though that there are vulnerable people around, no doubt some on here and when a character like him latches on to them things could take a turn for the worse, especially as a lot of people are currently mentally fragile during the current pandemic...

See what I've done there? I've managed to bring it back on topic :rofl:

... But if course, we all know... There is no pandemic :rofl:

I beg to differ my good man :party:

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

I beg to differ my good man :party:

The forum has just told me I'm out of reactions for today... This can only mean I've become a bit obsessive:rofl:

:cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, iainb said:

The forum has just told me I'm out of reactions for today... This can only mean I've become a bit obsessive:rofl:

:cheers:

Quality, pure quality that man :cheers:

13 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You replied to me 4 mins ago! 

2020 Translation 'Anyone who disagrees with me is a bully'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2020 at 9:14 AM, chris4gillian said:

You've been told many times that other than similar symptoms the flu and Covid act in different ways.  That is why one has reduced in numbers and the other hasn't.

When are you going to accept this?

All viruses are transmitted the same way. They all attack the lungs and can affect other organs and systems plus they can  exacerbate any existing illness and medical condition plus are likely killers in the over 60s. 

On 8/16/2020 at 6:49 PM, chris4gillian said:

For the love of God...cases (and deaths) are currently so low BECAUSE of the lockdown.  If we return to life as normal the pandemic will be off and running once again.  Yes the death toll will probably be a lot lower, however isn't it best to continue with lockdown/social distancing etc. for a while yet so that Covid deaths remain extremely low?  Nobody can predict how many deaths a 'second wave' may or may not cause - and I for one feel that 1 death is 1 death too many.

We are returning to normal. Most places are now up and running . Death rates and hospital admissions are in the single figures throughout the UK. The R rate is irrelevant, ditto current positive tests if they don’t turn into deaths or hospital admissions which means those affected by positive tests aren’t needing medical intervention. We’ve never been in a better place with containing the virus. Long may that continue. These calls for lockdowns couldn’t be any more wrong. 

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

In your continued attempts to bully as you are incapable of debating the topic you are now consistently resorting to stereotypical offensive jibes regarding autism, a condition which affects hundreds of thousands across the UK.

This attitude you are displaying towards autism is part and parcel of what makes life more difficult for those who do suffer from it. 

This is a thread discussing Corona virus, if you wish to discuss it, do so. 

I have to say I find any attack on someone by calling them mentally ill or having a mental health issue or disability is beyond disgraceful, and have clearly lost the argument or high ground they once had.

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

All viruses are transmitted the same way. They all attack the lungs and can affect other organs and systems plus they can  exacerbate any existing illness and medical condition plus are likely killers in the over 60s. 

We are returning to normal. Most places are now up and running . Death rates and hospital admissions are in the single figures throughout the UK. The R rate is irrelevant, ditto current positive tests if they don’t turn into deaths or hospital admissions which means those affected by positive tests aren’t needing medical intervention. We’ve never been in a better place with containing the virus. Long may that continue. These calls for lockdowns couldn’t be any more wrong. 

I have to say I find any attack on someone by calling them mentally ill or having a mental health issue or disability is beyond disgraceful, and have clearly lost the argument or high ground they once had.

Agree on all three point, but particularly the second one.

There is too much emphasis now on positive test numbers, but these are wholly dependent on who decides to have a test and gives no indication on how serious the case is.

The figures we need to know are how many people get it serious enough to have to go into hospital and how many die. Without that it is just another virus.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Agree on all three point, but particularly the second one.

There is too much emphasis now on positive test numbers, but these are wholly dependent on who decides to have a test and gives no indication on how serious the case is.

The figures we need to know are how many people get it serious enough to have to go into hospital and how many die. Without that it is just another virus.

100% spot on.

In the eight weeks up until August 7th:

Deaths with Covid-19 on cert: 2940
Deaths with flu/pneumonia on cert: 8501.

That gap is widening each week.

This week it was 152 for Covid (down again), 1162 for flu/pneumonia (actually rose)

Remind me which virus we are in a 'pandemic' for again??

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

2020 Translation 'Anyone who disagrees with me is a bully'.

You could almost predict who was going to "Like" this post... disagree away, keep it polite, civil and don't be obsessive and bait people

19 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I'd say we're a long long way from being "normal"... I don't know if you've noticed but we can't even go to the Speedway!

I totally agree with your point about attacking people by calling them mentally ill, I'm not quite sure who has done this though? I have said I suspect he is and I've suggested he see a doctor as I'm concerned for him if he has. I have asked him if he has Autism, which he displays all the signs of, he's not answered that question, which of course he is quite within his rights to do. If you think his behaviour is "normal" and his baiting of forum posters is acceptable that's a sad reflection on you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

You could almost predict who was going to "Like" this post... disagree away, keep it polite, civil and don't be obsessive and bait people

I'd say we're a long long way from being "normal"... I don't know if you've noticed but we can't even go to the Speedway!

I totally agree with your point about attacking people by calling them mentally ill, I'm not quite sure who has done this though? I have said I suspect he is and I've suggested he see a doctor as I'm concerned for him if he has. I have asked him if he has Autism, which he displays all the signs of, he's not answered that question, which of course he is quite within his rights to do. If you think his behaviour is "normal" and his baiting of forum posters is acceptable that's a sad reflection on you.

I think you should lay off the "autism" stuff. It's not big. It's not clever. And it might offend an awful lot of people.

And having an interest in numbers and figures doesn't automatically make someone Rain Man.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I think you should lay off the "autism" stuff. It's not big. It's not clever. And it might offend an awful lot of people.

And having an interest in numbers and figures doesn't automatically make someone Rain Man.

And I think he should lay off the Covid stuff and stop being an obsessive bully. Saying "having an interest in numbers and figures doesn't automatically make someone Rain Man" could be interpreted as being pretty offensive in itself and shows a complete lack of understanding of Autism. You've watched Rain Man that's your benchmark?

I only ask if he is Autistic as then I could possibly understand his behaviour and adapt my interaction with him. If he isn't then he's just a rude, obsessive, cantankerous man who just won't accept anybody else's opinion or point of view.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

And I think he should lay off the Covid stuff and stop being an obsessive bully. Saying "having an interest in numbers and figures doesn't automatically make someone Rain Man" could be interpreted as being pretty offensive in itself and shows a complete lack of understanding of Autism. You've watched Rain Man that's your benchmark?

I only ask if he is Autistic as then I could possibly understand his behaviour and adapt my interaction with him. If he isn't then he's just a rude, obsessive, cantankerous man who just won't accept anybody else's opinion or point of view.

You really need to stop talking about yourself in this fashion.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Sad 1