British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

This is not what he said at all, what he said was: "I must have missed you banging on about it in previous years. Got any quotes to share?" as a direct reply to my post of: "I take anybody dying from a lung disease seriously. I watched my dad die from IPF 2 years ago and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy". It's there for all of us to read, take a look.

What he at no point has said is "prior to your father's situation, you never gave a second thought to lung disease", so I'm not sure where you got that from? And how you'd know what he thought I was thinking prior to my Father's death is also a mystery.

I'll agree with the rest of your thoughts though

I'm going to break off from my standard reply to you to try and re-engage with you:

At no point did I mock the flu, just because I used the word blummin as a pre-fix was to try and keep it light as I could see you were getting out of control. Thanks for acknowledging the death of my Father as a sad event, I almost said the same thing to my mum as we were both holding his hand as he was gasping for his last breath.

I decided you were referring to my Fathers death for this reason:

Your direct reply to my post of "I must have missed you banging on about it in previous years. Got any quotes to share?" as a direct reply to my post of: "I take anybody dying from a lung disease seriously. I watched my dad die from IPF 2 years ago and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy"

was

""I must have missed you banging on about it in previous years. Got any quotes to share?""

It's quite simple.

The discussion was about flu and people dying. 

You took objection, referring to it as the blummin flu.

Facts were brought into it (number of people who actually die involving the 'blummin flu'), you realised you were ridiculously wrong and tried to use your father as a get out.. without stopping to pause and realise you were the one ridiculing an illness, not me. 

I remained talking about the topic under discussion, which was influenza re-iterating the point that nobody batted an eyelid when tens of thousands died each winter.

Chunky is quite capable of reading and understanding that.

You've since made claims that I 'brought the death of your father' into an argument, which we can clearly see is false. 

Edited by BWitcher

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It's quite simple.

The discussion was about flu and people dying. 

You took objection, referring to it as the blummin flu.

Facts were brought into it (number of people who actually die involving the 'blummin flu'), you realised you were ridiculously wrong and tried to use your father as a get out.. without stopping to pause and realise you were the one ridiculing an illness, not me. 

I remained talking about the topic under discussion, which was influenza re-iterating the point that nobody batted an eyelid when tens of thousands died each winter.

Chunky is quite capable of reading and understanding that.

You've since made claims that I 'brought the death of your father' into an argument, which we can clearly see is false. 

See you next Tuesday:t:

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Not quite sure what to make of your bullet point responses.

whether  a poster may or not be autistic is completely irrelevant to any point and certainly to you. You have no right to demand such answers of someone and its at best offensive. As the examples I gave you you responded with they were both racist and homophobic. So what’s different? You are assuming somebody to have a certain condition and are attacking him with it. Sorry that’s bang plain out of order. To even suggest you want it confirmed so you can ‘adjust the way I interact with him’ is shocking.

The numbers, stats and facts surrounding Covid are important. This topic is not just about speedway. If you ‘don’t really care about the numbers’ then let those who are interested in the stats discuss them seeing as you aren’t interested.

We’ve had a very chequered history have myself And Bwitcher, we are more speedway acquaintances than good friends and have had many good debates as well as some humdingers (as anyone who used to post in Wolfcry!). He is someone I respect at times and are infuriated the next. If you feel his behaviour is that of ‘a 12 year old schoolgirl’ why are you replying like someone in the same class and age range?

There are lots of ‘facts’ about Covid19, that there is no denying whilst also lots of lies that a lot of people, myself included, are starting to pick apart.

Its clear you and he aren’t going to agree on things and it’s becoming a very twit for tat standpoint. 

Bwitcher makes lots of very valid points, which is the main crux of this topic is to discuss all things Covid.

If you aren’t ‘interested in the numbers’ I’m not really sure why you are making points on it.

Just to be clear my issue is attacking someone for what you presume to have a known medical/mental health issue is just wrong.

sorry, it is. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

Maybe some folk should educate themselves in the use of the ignore button:rolleyes:

Please educate me... I have looked for it in the past but not found it :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Please educate me... I have looked for it in the past but not found it :)

Go to the Home Page, Forum Announcements at the bottom of the page and then  Support Forum, there's a whole thread about it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Not quite sure what to make of your bullet point responses.

whether  a poster may or not be autistic is completely irrelevant to any point and certainly to you. You have no right to demand such answers of someone and its at best offensive. As the examples I gave you you responded with they were both racist and homophobic. So what’s different? You are assuming somebody to have a certain condition and are attacking him with it. Sorry that’s bang plain out of order. To even suggest you want it confirmed so you can ‘adjust the way I interact with him’ is shocking.

The numbers, stats and facts surrounding Covid are important. This topic is not just about speedway. If you ‘don’t really care about the numbers’ then let those who are interested in the stats discuss them seeing as you aren’t interested.

We’ve had a very chequered history have myself And Bwitcher, we are more speedway acquaintances than good friends and have had many good debates as well as some humdingers (as anyone who used to post in Wolfcry!). He is someone I respect at times and are infuriated the next. If you feel his behaviour is that of ‘a 12 year old schoolgirl’ why are you replying like someone in the same class and age range?

There are lots of ‘facts’ about Covid19, that there is no denying whilst also lots of lies that a lot of people, myself included, are starting to pick apart.

Its clear you and he aren’t going to agree on things and it’s becoming a very twit for tat standpoint. 

Bwitcher makes lots of very valid points, which is the main crux of this topic is to discuss all things Covid.

If you aren’t ‘interested in the numbers’ I’m not really sure why you are making points on it.

Just to be clear my issue is attacking someone for what you presume to have a known medical/mental health issue is just wrong.

sorry, it is. 

I don't think I've demanded answers of anyone... I merely asked a question, that he chose to ignore as he has every right to

I'm not assuming, I'm asking, so I can adjust my communication with them

Why would you not adjust the way you speak to somebody because of a condition they have, would you whisper to a deaf person, maybe cover your lips with your hand?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the thread is under the "Speedway News and Discussions" thread not "General Discussions"

I'll ignore your 12 year old schoolgirl question, you've quite clearly suspended your sense of humour at the moment

Not interested in the constant number swapping as I've said before, my issue is with BWitcher and his treatment of me and others

I've not attacked and never would someone for being Autistic, at the risk of repeating myself I merely asked so I could adjust the way I communicate

8 minutes ago, Swindonseptet said:

Its easier on the mind iainb, i wasted minutes of my life arguing with the guy mute is the sensible way 

I know, I know you're right... the trouble is he gets away with it then doesn't he. I'd hate for someone to be found hanged with their computer screen showing a final post from him.

It's a shame that this forum doesn't seem to be moderated these days

The way he was hounding chris4gillian yesterday was despicable

Edited by iainb

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

I know, I know you're right... the trouble is he gets away with it then doesn't he. I'd hate for someone to be found hanged with their computer screen showing a final post from him.

Asking a question relating to the topic under discussion isn't hounding. It's exactly what a discussion forum is for.

If the forum was moderated you'd be banned in no time with your consistent posting of vile euphemisms.

Discuss the bloody topic or go post on another one.

Edited by BWitcher

11 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

You raise some fair points but I personally know some health professionals who say differently ref. treatments for life threatening conditions including cancer.

I noted in my post that only urgent symptomatic cases were being seen. That's not my words, that's taken from the introduction in the Lancet's article, explaining what was  happening in hospitals during lockdown. The fact remains though that the critical screening and diagnostic services did stop, failing to pick up next months, next year's cancer cases. This decision, and the catastrophic loss of life it will cause, is a disgrace, a state sanctioned death sentence for thousands for years to come.

Perhaps when you see one of your health professional friends next you should get him / her to explain virus transmission to you!

I have to say as well, on coming home from work today and catching up on the postings here, that I could hardly believe what I was reading. Bwitcher doesn't need me to defend him, he's more than capable of doing that himself, but to call him the 'C' word (again) in the same childish schoolboy manner as before, suggest he's possibly autistic - then accuse him of being a bully! The staggering hypocrisy.... 

Chunky and Stevebrum have summed the situation up perfectly in the past hour or so, I'll not add to that but agree fully with what they said.  

• Like 1

Now back on topic, borrowed from BluPanther..

There is simply no justification why speedway has not been able to run this season. This virus peaked on April 8th and has been downhill ever since. 

Even when we add all deaths from flu/pneumonia, we have less than at any time in the last five years.

Edited by BWitcher

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Asking a question relating to the topic under discussion isn't hounding. It's exactly what a discussion forum is for.

If the forum was moderated you'd be banned in no time with your consistent posting of vile euphemisms.

Discuss the bloody topic or go post on another one.

See you next Tuesday:t:

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

I agree in regard to Moderation. I returned after a ban but Posts were placed on Moderator approval. Nothing happened for days. I do have what I think is the email address of the only Mod on the BSF. For days I pointed out the delay to him without any response. I know the person who I contact on the assumption he is the Mod to be known as Phil. 

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

Gets away with what? Posting facts? And truth?

Your comment above is pretty despicable also...

• Like 2