British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I had to look it up...never come across the phrase before.

The same. I guess we move in more civilised circles.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The same. I guess we move in more civilised circles.

Absolutely. I was dragged up on a south London council estate. Now i live in leafy Surrey, i don't use such disgusting phrases, well not very often!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Absolutely. I was dragged up on a south London council estate. Now i live in leafy Surrey, i don't use such disgusting phrases, well not very often!

I was also brought up on a council estate (and proud of it) and having many jobs mixed with all sorts of people from differing backgrounds where the language used was often, shall we say, near the knuckle. I have been known to use a few words in given circumstances but age and experienced has mellowed me (although they can slip out occasionally) but I'd like to think that I'm a rather nice well spoken good mannered individual to be around...although I'm sure there are many who would disagree!!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I was also brought up on a council estate (and proud of it) and having many jobs mixed with all sorts of people from differing backgrounds where the language used was often, shall we say, near the knuckle. I have been known to use a few words in given circumstances but age and experienced has mellowed me (although they can slip out occasionally) but I'd like to think that I'm a rather nice well spoken good mannered individual to be around...although I'm sure there are many who would disagree!!

I'm known to let fly with some swear words, especially if watching football or Nicki Pedersen at Monmore :)

However, some words are just vile and you don't say them... even a euphemism for them.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

I'm known to let fly with some swear words, especially if watching football or Nicki Pedersen at Monmore :)

However, some words are just vile and you don't say them... even a euphemism for them.

Hopefully you will get the chance to shout at Nikki next season

29 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

What are you doing on here then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

You're responding to the wrong poster with those comments as I have not done any of those things...I have in fact stated that I do not think BWitcher is a bully!!!

You're right, that paragraph was a general response to all of the day' posting's, not meant to be aimed at you personally. I should have placed it in a separate posting.

• Like 1

Image may contain: text that says "w BHW w England Patients in Hospital with Coronavirus (COVID-19) Since Sincepeak BHW w 18,000 17,000 16,000 15,000 14,000 13,000 12,000 11,000 10,000 9,000 7,000 6,000 5,000 4,000 3,000 2,000 1,000 Aug A 1"

This is why you can't go to speedway (or other sports).

Less than two people per hospital in England.

As for admissions.. that's now ONE every FOUR weeks per hospital.

Pandemic!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

What are you doing on here then!

...I do sometimes wonder?

8 hours ago, iainb said:

So here we go again, I reckon for the last time tho.

I’m a hypocrite (so you say) but then you’re  perfectly placed to judge as you appear the biggest one posting.

Keep making irrelevant comments and you will be called out for them and shown up for what they are. All good then. 

You don’t like being called out for posting like a 12 year old schoolgirl yet want to call out another poster for doing the same. We get that you are a hypocrite, thanks for confirming.

Im not easily led by anyone, you clearly don’t read my posts often. I’ve commented that I read your interpretation of what was supposedly said as not what you think at all. Others have also said the same thing. Saying that I read it the same way isn’t being ‘easily led but reaffirming what others have said. Choose to believe I want to believe something else if you choose, the fact that others say the same thing you seem to ignore or acknowledge. Seems that some can quite simply be blinded to believe what they believe to be true even tho several other people have commented to the contrary. No one will change your mind so I won’t be bothering on that. A quick foot note to add that I’m sorry to read the news about the loss of your father. Having lost my mother I fully understand the sense of loss. See, I have compassion so I make a lot of sense.

No it wasn’t an analogy, it was a statement of fact. Must learn the difference.

Anyone that knowns me will know I’m a fierce friend but like you say you must see me as enemy.  Your choice. 

Ive tried trying to have a sensible discussion with you as I consider myself a fair person and try and look at any situation with an open mind.

You only want confirmation your opinion is right, it isn’t. 

I’ll  leave you in the same position I found you.

And I’ll respond accordingly in future. 

11 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Of course there is something to reply too.

You have claimed 'more cobblers'.

Do explain what is 'cobblers'. Let's here your reasoned opinion, backed up by supporting facts why my post was 'cobblers'. 

Once again, I am uninterested in 'having the last word', which is why I am inviting you to expand on your 'cobblers' statement.

You just can't help yourself can you...the last 'uninterested' word this time :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

You just can't help yourself can you...the last 'uninterested' word this time :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh dear...

5 hours ago, Gemini said:

Thanks. I wish I hadn't asked now. :D

If you won't like the answer, don't ask the question!