Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, mikebv said:

Speedway not an "Elite" sport then? 

:rolleyes:

No, it isn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if only they had kept the ELITE league name and not stole the premier name from the grass roots of speedway .   robbers never  prosper   :icon_smile_clown:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mikebv said:

Speedway not an "Elite" sport then? 

:rolleyes:

Yes It is,
But doesn't run during the period  the loans are now being made available to apply for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Yes It is,
But doesn't run during the period  the loans are now being made available to apply for. 

Rugby League and Rugby Union are "summer" sports...

As is Lawn Tennis..

They all got funding....

I also presume most of the indoors sports also carry on during the summer and not exclusively get played in winter?

And horse racing is all year round...

I would think it's more down to Speedways almost zero profile that has seen them "overlooked" (maybe not intentionally),and/or could be down to much better, organised lobbying getting carried out by other sports, to ensure they remained in the forefront of the Government thoughts..?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since when has rugby union been a summer sport? September to May season as a rule.  Rugby league at elite level Feb to October, at community level January to Sept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Rugby League and Rugby Union are "summer" sports...

As is Lawn Tennis..

They all got funding....

I also presume most of the indoors sports also carry on during the summer and not exclusively get played in winter?

And horse racing is all year round...

I would think it's more down to Speedways almost zero profile that has seen them "overlooked" (maybe not intentionally),and/or could be down to much better, organised lobbying getting carried out by other sports, to ensure they remained in the forefront of the Government thoughts..?

All seems very ambiguous to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to today's Daily Telegraph  Rob Godfrey stated that he has had clarification from the DCMS that  he will need to apply for some loan from an  extra pot that is available and he is very disappointed that speedway wasn't in the original blueprint. It is all rather confusing when statements are made that the current loans are to compensate for reduced spectator income lost in the coming months only hence cricket is not mentioned.  Is tennis a major spectator attended course in the winter and how did greyhound racing qualify?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Knowle said:

According to today's Daily Telegraph  Rob Godfrey stated that he has had clarification from the DCMS that  he will need to apply for some loan from an  extra pot that is available and he is very disappointed that speedway wasn't in the original blueprint. It is all rather confusing when statements are made that the current loans are to compensate for reduced spectator income lost in the coming months only hence cricket is not mentioned.  Is tennis a major spectator attended course in the winter and how did greyhound racing qualify?

And Super League finishes next Friday, and starts again in March...:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy