British Speedway Forum

45 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Sounds terrible.

But, out of interest, have you ever been bed-ridden with flu for three weeks?  It’s not the “cold” that people make out!

Absolutely. I had real flu one christmas. I was bed ridden for several days. When i did start to recover i had to retrain my legs on how to walk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Just asking, no agenda but did you have a test?

No, but stepson works for the NHS and he was isolated here with us on the advice of his supervisor. They were pretty sure that's what it was, he had all the symptoms. He was only here for a month while he was buying a house, but that's all on hold now. We are in line to have the antibody test when it becomes available...

27 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Absolutely. I had real flu one christmas. I was bed ridden for several days. When i did start to recover i had to retrain my legs on how to walk. 

This is the point.

Most people get a bit of a cold and call it the flu.. it isn't.

Flu knocks you about always.

Whereas Covid, 80% of the time does nothing of the sort.

However, if you are vulnerable (especially the elderly) covid can be very dangerous indeed as we have seen.... hence the need for such groups to be protected. Its not rocket science.

For the rest, its less dangerous than the flu.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, westhamboy66 said:

One of the most pathetically stupid, ill informed comments I have ever seen. I truly hope you will get it so can correct your idiotic comment when you are fit enough.

Here’s a good comparison with flu:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/flu-vaccine-deaths-nhs-ineffective-crisis-bad-weather-illness-2017-a8660496.html

• Like 1

I think there will be some major problems when the lockdown is eased regarding unemployment and social unrest, it was also mentioned on the news recently that there will be a big increase in cancer cases because of missed screenings and the lack of early interventions. 

• Like 3

Tests yesterday  were  122,347 which of course beats significantly the tough target set by Hancock of 100,000, which journalists and critics were preparing to call for his resignation from office. Seems appropriate in that case then to call for their resignations having met and smashed the target. :approve:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Tests yesterday  were  122,347 which of course beats significantly the tough target set by Hancock of 100,000, which journalists and critics were preparing to call for his resignation from office. Seems appropriate in that case then to call for their resignations having met and smashed the target. :approve:

The levels of gullibility have no bounds it seems!

And now it transpires the tests have been 'posted'... Marvelous.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/01/ministers-accused-of-changing-covid-19-test-tally-to-hit-100000-goal

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

From the answer about numbers tested, if I understood the answer, which is not easy to do, 36,000 of the tests were home tests sent out yesterday, so not quite 100,000 tests carried out

but I could have misunderstood the vague answer

Just had to clarify the answer, so not 100,000 carried out as the ones in the post have been counted as done as well

17 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The levels of gullibility have no bounds it seems!

And now it transpires the tests have been 'posted'... Marvelous.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/01/ministers-accused-of-changing-covid-19-test-tally-to-hit-100000-goal

Do your homework. The methodology of collection this data has been set out before, and the figures today are consistant with how they have been recorder since day 1. :approve:  Regardless of your comments, even if you did take the postal ones away from the total, it's not a bad stab at 100,000. Starmer has already realised it was a very near hit, and has already indicated that it's not an issue he will be following up. Perhaps he is learning, could be a message for others.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

From the answer about numbers tested, if I understood the answer, which is not easy to do, 36,000 of the tests were home tests sent out yesterday, so not quite 100,000 tests carried out

but I could have misunderstood the vague answer

Just had to clarify the answer, so not 100,000 carried out as the ones in the post have been counted as done as well

See the rules, it is. TTM

32 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

See the rules, it is. TTM

Rules made up by the people who have to follow them, great way of doing things

so the definition of tests carried include the ones carried out to someone's house by the postman

bet we all wish we could work to rules like these

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

Rules made up by the people who have to follow them, great way of doing things

so the definition of tests carried include the ones carried out to someone's house by the postman

bet we all wish we could work to rules like these

Never the less, that's what the rules have been confirmed the Professor in charge of testing programme. If they weren't counted on day of release, when would they be recorded. I realise this is now a politicised issue, but Starmer has already accepted the issue as he sees the  need to ramp up the number of tests. All getting so silly.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Never the less, that's what the rules have been confirmed the Professor in charge of testing programme. If they weren't counted on day of release, when would they be recorded. 

Hang on, let me have a wild stab at this.  How about when the samples are received in the Lab or when the test result is known?

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Never the less, that's what the rules have been confirmed the Professor in charge of testing programme. If they weren't counted on day of release, when would they be recorded. I realise this is now a politicised issue, but Starmer has already accepted the issue as he sees the  need to ramp up the number of tests. All getting so silly.

Its a con, it has always been touted as the number of tests carried out, now it seems we should all have known it wasn't that at all, for gods sake "its in the post" is now being used as an excuse by the government

• Like 2