British Speedway Forum

16 hours ago, BWitcher said:

It's already been admitted the real death figure is lower.

The excess deaths in the UK are now lower than they were for flu in 2017/18. 

Because of the precautions taken

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Because of the precautions taken

Bless. 

Sadly, flu/pneumonia figures haven't fallen, in fact they've remained fluctuating around their normal levels.. 

So the precautions have been shown to have done nothing to stop the spread of viruses.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Tsunami said:

Nearly 50K deaths so far, and you think that it is not deadly. imagine the real death figure if we were told to ignore it and let it run its course.

Numbers and figures are often manipulated by various organisations. Indeed on average 1300 people die in England every days of all causes. Unfortunately the government chose not to make that clear. I draw my own opinions and not what 'our' media wants us to believe.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Nearly 50K deaths so far, and you think that it is not deadly. imagine the real death figure if we were told to ignore it and let it run its course.

No one will ever know, the only near thing to that is Sweden, and they have a lower death rate per million people than we have

If it had been done, we would have had to really put a ring of steel around the vulnerable, not the pretend one the government said we did

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

It is running its course, that's what a virus does. You can't stop a virus spreading in a modern society, even the prisons had it, and they are in extreme lockdown. Given the choice, i'd rather catch covid again (i had zero symptoms) over flu everyday of the week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crumpet77 said:

It is running its course, that's what a virus does. You can't stop a virus spreading in a modern society, even the prisons had it, and they are in extreme lockdown. Given the choice, i'd rather catch covid again (i had zero symptoms) over flu everyday of the week. 

The staff that work in the prisons aren’t in lockdown though. They come and go.

• Like 1

Prisoners also are allowed out on day release. But we won’t mention that

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Prisoners also are allowed out on day release. But we won’t mention that

Unfortunately we are all now prisoners in this totalitarian state! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

The staff that work in the prisons aren’t in lockdown though. They come and go.

Proving that you can't ever control a virus in a modern society, to think you can is delusional nonsense.

Must mention that no prisoners were allowed to leave the prison for any reason, apart from medical emergency, after March 23rd. In fact, many have been confined to their cells for 23 hours a day. 

17 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

Proving that you can't ever control a virus in a modern society, to think you can is delusional nonsense.

Must mention that no prisoners were allowed to leave the prison for any reason, apart from medical emergency, after March 23rd. In fact, many have been confined to their cells for 23 hours a day. 

But they still interact with people who come and go from the prison. So your point of an extreme lockdown is nonsense because it is no such thing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

But they still interact with people who come and go from the prison. So your point of an extreme lockdown is nonsense because it is no such thing. 

I think you might be missing the point. No one is immune from a virus whatever you do as lockdowns only delay things, and even that is open to debate. If you live in a bubble with enough food and water for months, with zero outside interaction with anything or anyone, you may keep it away. However, when you eventually step outside again, you become ripe for infection with zero immunity.                                                                            Viral infections kill the old and the sick, always have and always will. Such deaths are part of life's natural cycles for most lifeforms on Earth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

I think you might be missing the point. No one is immune from a virus whatever you do as lockdowns only delay things,

Bingo, you got it. That was the point. Delay things so the hospitals wouldn’t be overwhelmed. Flatten the curve was the mantra

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TB1 said:

Unfortunately we are all now prisoners in this totalitarian state! 

It's always been a totalitarian state people always notice it more in times of stress

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mr. Clemens said:

It's always been a totalitarian state people always notice it more in times of stress

Probably true, indeed one well known national journalist said on radio the other day that he was shocked that almost no one is challenging the government and the policies. In fact the opposition agree with them, just not the way they are implemented. Democracy died a long time ago.

• Like 1