Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

51 minutes ago, iainb said:

There is no argument... you only have to look at his posts to see the guy is just a bully, he's posted some pretty vile things in reply to me, especially regarding the death of my father. I don't want him replying to or even reading my posts. I've offered to meet him face to face... of course he didn't reply to that!

Well if you do meet face to face you'll have to be prepared to quarantine for 14 days on your return thanks to the wonderful lockdown that you're such a fan of.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Always reminds me years ago when "Webbo" (whatever happened to him?) and me used to have some right 'ding dongs' on the old Oxford Speedway Forum and when we eventually met up in person we got on like a house on fire! A great bloke.

Sounds like you and "Webbo" had the balls to meet up :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

Sounds like you and "Webbo" had the balls to meet up :lol:

He had made it onto the centre green at Cowley and announced that he wanted to meet me personally...a surreal moment!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Why do you find that sort of vile abuse funny ? 

I found the RESPONSE by BWitcher amusing as he completely missed what iainb was saying....!!

Dear oh dear oh dear. 

2 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

I found the RESPONSE by BWitcher amusing as he completely missed what iainb was saying....!!

Dear oh dear oh dear. 

I expect he ignored it with the contempt it deserved...

6 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Dear oh dear oh dear. 

As Blupanther says, when someone lowers themselves to such a level, they really do show their true colors.

As do those who find it amusing.

7 hours ago, BWitcher said:

If he's referring to me I have no idea what he's talking about.

All I know about the guy is he made some ridiculous false statements, was corrected factually and couldn't handle it.

He has an issue with facts being posted because they contradict his hysteria.

Lockdown fanboy basically. To hell with all those dying as a result.

So you're now saying that lockdown is the cause of deaths?  Really???

If that's the case, you best tell the whole world they're wrong so that lives can be saved.  

Just now, chris4gillian said:

So you're now saying that lockdown is the cause of deaths?  Really???

If that's the case, you best tell the whole world they're wrong so that lives can be saved.  

It's well established that lockdown has caused deaths and continues to do so.

When the virus was rampant, the deaths from the virus obviously outweighed them... now however they do not.

Deaths in hospitals are below the five year average.

Deaths in care homes are below the five year average.

Deaths at home however are between 800-100 ABOVE average each week and have been for last couple of months. The majority of these coming from people either too frightened to go to the doctors/hospital when ill or unable to due to unavailable appointments.

It will be another thing you'll be in complete denial about no doubt.

Just now, BWitcher said:

As Blupanther says, when someone lowers themselves to such a level, they really do show their true colors.

As do those who find it amusing.

Once again, I found your RESPONSE amusing.  You're utterly obsessed with Covid and the 'facts' you continually post.  Many of these 'facts' are purely your opinion.  But you tell us we're not allowed to have an opinion...unless it matches yours of course.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Once again, I found your RESPONSE amusing.  You're utterly obsessed with Covid and the 'facts' you continually post.  Many of these 'facts' are purely your opinion.  But you tell us we're not allowed to have an opinion...unless it matches yours of course.  

Facts aren't opinions. They are facts.

You get upset because your opinions aren't supported by facts. That is your problem not mine.

You also seem to have an issue with posts about Covid-19/Coronavirus on designated threads for such a topic.

As for being 'utterly obsessed' with it. Well, forgive me for being interested in the biggest event in the world today affecting the lives of billions.

As for your fabrication, I have never once said people aren't allowed opinions.. that is your line. All opinions are welcomed.. but they will also be questioned if they aren't backed up with coherent reasoning and facts. 

Edited by BWitcher

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

When the virus was rampant, the deaths from the virus obviously outweighed them... now however they do not.

Deaths at home however are between 800-100 ABOVE average each week and have been for last couple of months. The majority of these coming from people either too frightened to go to the doctors/hospital when ill or unable to due to unavailable appointments.

Ok, so tell me FACTUALLY how the virus will be kept at bay if we all go about life as normal without a vaccine?  I'm talking cases as opposed to deaths.

As I said, the whole world has locked down therefore the whole world has got things wrong....apparently.

So, do we listen to the most prominent leaders throughout the world with the most experienced experts and advisors alive (Cummings is an exception of course :-) ) OR do we listen to a Covid obsessed forum poster?  Hmm....difficult choice that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

Ok, so tell me FACTUALLY how the virus will be kept at bay if we all go about life as normal without a vaccine?  I'm talking cases as opposed to deaths.

As I said, the whole world has locked down therefore the whole world has got things wrong....apparently.

So, do we listen to the most prominent leaders throughout the world with the most experienced experts and advisors alive (Cummings is an exception of course :-) ) OR do we listen to a Covid obsessed forum poster?  Hmm....difficult choice that.

Then there is nothing to discuss. If cases don't lead to hospital admissions/deaths, then there is no crisis.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

In extreme situations such as care homes, yes I agree.  However, the number of cases and death toll would have been (and could still be) much, much higher if lockdown wasn't introduced.  That is a FACT which you will no doubt try to counter argue once again.  As I keep saying, lockdown is a world wide thing so please keep posting that the whole world has got it wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

In extreme situations such as care homes, yes I agree.  However, the number of cases and death toll would have been (and could still be) much, much higher if lockdown wasn't introduced.  That is a FACT which you will no doubt try to counter argue once again.  As I keep saying, lockdown is a world wide thing so please keep posting that the whole world has got it wrong.

You seem to have trouble understanding what a 'fact' is.

That is your opinion, not a fact. A fact is something that has happened and can be proven.

Lockdown isn't a worldwide thing as you keep claiming. There have been differing levels of restrictions applied around the world, with some barely locking down at all. These 'much, much higher deaths' haven't occurred.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Then there is nothing to discuss. If cases don't lead to hospital admissions/deaths, then there is no crisis.

For the love of God...cases (and deaths) are currently so low BECAUSE of the lockdown.  If we return to life as normal the pandemic will be off and running once again.  Yes the death toll will probably be a lot lower, however isn't it best to continue with lockdown/social distancing etc. for a while yet so that Covid deaths remain extremely low?  Nobody can predict how many deaths a 'second wave' may or may not cause - and I for one feel that 1 death is 1 death too many.