British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Not much talk about the GP in Togliati, or have I missed something?

Exciting new venue but its going to be a pain in the preverbial to get tickets / visas etc.

25 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

Not much talk about the GP in Togliati, or have I missed something?

Exciting new venue but its going to be a pain in the preverbial to get tickets / visas etc.

Not sure why it’s going to be a problem getting a ticket- just like any other foreign GP, bit of hassle but you can sort it out in the end. As for a visa again pretty straightforward but it might involve a trip to London to the Russian embassy. Change planes at Moscow for Samara int airport- big adventure  i would suggest.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not sure why it’s going to be a problem getting a ticket- just like any other foreign GP, bit of hassle but you can sort it out in the end. As for a visa again pretty straightforward but it might involve a trip to London to the Russian embassy. Change planes at Moscow for Samara int airport- big adventure  i would suggest.

Might be wrong but I thought Briz stood for Brisbane.... now that is quite a bit of hassle if they have to go from Brisbane to the Russian embassy in bloody London to get a visa. Not the sort of trip you can do during your lunch break :rofl:

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

You don't go to the Russian Embassy these days - you go through an agency and it's pretty quick and easy once you've filled in the multi-page application, got your invitation letter and  passport photo that can't be the same as the one in your passport, and then paid the outrageous fee. :D

I think the agency has centres in Manchester and Edinburgh as well as London. 

21 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Might be wrong but I thought Briz stood for Brisbane.... now that is quite a bit of hassle if they have to go from Brisbane to the Russian embassy in bloody London to get a visa. Not the sort of trip you can do during your lunch break :rofl:

No that’s Bristol- that’s how they talk down that way !!!

• Like 1

If Samara is the airport there shouldn't be any problem. My wife used to work on a joint Russian/British project and was always flying off to Samara. She was almost a regular commuter. She never had any problems and quite enjoyed her time out there. Though for some unaccountable reason she never went to speedway. Some people, eh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Togliatti is no problem at all to travel to. I've been to Togliatti for 3 times in the past few months for ice speedway, always a pleasure to be there.

Get your visa, fly to Moscow, then to Samara. Plenty of taxi's at the airport. Just arrange a price with one of them, or use the Yandex app. 

• Like 1