British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Eastville Bulldog

Training track Lancashire ????

How many riders here would be  interested in a training track in the Lancashire  area.  ?

I'm trying to establish how much interest there would be, should the plan come to fruition. It's not worth pursuing if figures are negligible. The more support I can generate the better case I can put forward with the land owner. Ineed to show it's a viable proposal, able to generate an income.

Please do not ask location as its early days yet. 

5 hours ago, Eastville Bulldog said:

How many riders here would be  interested in a training track in the Lancashire  area.  ?

I'm trying to establish how much interest there would be, should the plan come to fruition. It's not worth pursuing if figures are negligible. The more support I can generate the better case I can put forward with the land owner. Ineed to show it's a viable proposal, able to generate an income.

Please do not ask location as its early days yet. 

Belle Vue National Stadium run the No Limits training days, but I've always thought the NSS track is too big to learn on.  You need to learn to turn a bike somewhere very tight like Buxton, Scunny training track, or the old Sheffield training track.  A training track in South Lancashire close to Manchester might prove complementary to the NSS

• Like 1

The site is close to Manchester, with very easy motorway access. If enough people can give me a 'thumbs up' that would be great. It wouldn't be good having a handful of riders turning up each weekend !  I need to show it can work.

Sounds good if you have a landowner willing to provide the land. Only snag is though you already have Buxton. And it may not go down to well with Belle Vue. Good luck though. 

1 hour ago, JamesHarris said:

Only snag is though you already have Buxton. 

What's Buxton got to do with it?     

Buxton is in the East Midlands, not a million miles from Stoke  (And why we haven't got the Stoke and Buxton promotions working together running a combined team from Buxton, I don't know.   But that's a different story).

He's talking about a training track for Lancashire.  (Lancashire runs from the Lake District down to the north of Manchester).  As for not going down well with Belle Vue, I think they'd welcome a facility to train up North West kids, as they seem to be the one Premier League side interested in youngsters.   If I were thinking of a training track in Lancs, The first thing I'd do is contact Belle Vue to get their input and help.

There was always plenty of riders paying £40 to practice at Scunthorpe and other tracks: somewhere in the north west should do just as well.

23 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

What's Buxton got to do with it?     

Buxton is in the East Midlands, not a million miles from Stoke  (And why we haven't got the Stoke and Buxton promotions working together running a combined team from Buxton, I don't know.   But that's a different story).

He's talking about a training track for Lancashire.  (Lancashire runs from the Lake District down to the north of Manchester).  As for not going down well with Belle Vue, I think they'd welcome a facility to train up North West kids, as they seem to be the one Premier League side interested in youngsters.   If I were thinking of a training track in Lancs, The first thing I'd do is contact Belle Vue to get their input and help.

Cricky old lad, wind your neck back in.  (Lancashire runs from the Lake District down to the north of Manchester) - Really!! I thought it was near Southampton??

2 hours ago, JamesHarris said:

Really!! I thought it was near Southampton??

No.  You thought it was near Buxton.         So "wind your neck back in"   (Whatever that's supposed to mean).

20 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

No.  You thought it was near Buxton.         So "wind your neck back in"   (Whatever that's supposed to mean).

Oooohhhhh!!  Somebody needs a poo :D

15 hours ago, JamesHarris said:

Oooohhhhh!!  Somebody needs a poo :D

Is that what 'wind your neck back in' means? :unsure:

7 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

Is that what 'wind your neck back in' means? :unsure:

Maybe he means he missed out on the great toilet roll hoarding craze?   Perhaps that's why he's having to "wind it back in".

• Haha 1