British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davieb1

ben fund line up

has the line up changed ?

wheres nick morris now ?

is this possibly the worst line up in recent years ?

not one rider from Leicester

the line up

2020 BEN FUND BONANZA LINE-UP:

James Wright, Aaron Summers, Ben Barker, Steve Worrall, Danny King, Lewis Kerr, Tom Bacon, Josh Auty, Paul Starke, Tero Aarnio, Thomas Jorgensen, Connor Mountain, Andreas Jensen, Anders Rowe, Simon Lambert, Kasper Andersen.

whertes all the big name riders doing there bit ?

very poor in my opinion

Not a massive Ben Barker fan, but one thing he can always be mega proud of is his ever present record at Ben fund meetings.

I dare say some of the big names maybe help out the fund in other ways less obvious to us fans, although that's just speculation on my part.

I think the line up though is on a par with the last few years, relatively competitive Championship level individual to get the season started. Last top class line up to memory was the UK v Aus match at Beaumont Lees a few years back now.

I think its a very equal field imo some of the best races I have seen have not had the top riders in just 4 riders of equal ability  racing hard but fair.

Yes the top top riders are no longer interested in this meeting but i have the same opinion as teaboy that they do things behind scenes for the cause like donating things to auctions etc  BUT with the field so equal it could be a brilliant meeting.

On paper, the stand out rider is Danny King but this is the 1st meeting of the year, and for the riders, it will be about dusting off the cobwebs & testing a few things. More importantly, it is about the funds raised, not just in this meeting but about the whole year for riders & families that require help.

As this could be the only speedway meeting in the UK for months,! I'd certainlysuggest as many fans as possible get to Scunny tomorrow.. 

Edited by crescent girl
Decided on a more-reasonably adjective!
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

As this could be the only speedway meeting in the UK for months,! I'd certainlysuggest as many real fans as possible get to Scunny tomorrow.. 

What a condescending and rude comment to make.

I cant make it to Scunny tomorrow. So by your definition, I am not a real fan?

Ive been a supporter for 64 years.  Nice to know I dont matter.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

As this could be the only speedway meeting in the UK for months,! I'd certainlysuggest as many real fans as possible get to Scunny tomorrow.. 

What is your definition of  a ' Real ' fan ? 

40 minutes ago, BobC said:

Just ignore Dick usually calls everyone one on here forum fannies then posts on here himself.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Those attending the Ben fund tomorrow I hope it's a good meeting & any 1 is wanting more speedway action there is a summer championship meeting on Sunday at Scunthorpe where there will be lots of great talent on show from 11am & it's free so don't miss out as you won't be disappointed

15 hours ago, BobC said:

i too had the same reaction from the Hawkstone  International  moto x  people  when they made a comment about fans that did not turn up because of that first storm . and classed the fans that did turn up as true fans ! 

we were travelling from cumbria to Shrewsbury . by the time we had reached kendal we were already 1 hour behind in time . the driving wind and rain made it impossible to get to the mx meeting in time , so we turned back home . 

i think the wording true fans  is quite awful really . we all love motorsports in one way or another . we are all true fans. . just because people cant make it , they are still TRUE FANS ..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jenga said:

i think the wording true fans  is quite awful really . we all love motorsports in one way or another . we are all true fans. . just because people cant make it , they are still TRUE FANS ..

I'm not sure. Don't true fans send in their ticket value, as a donation and a Thanks for all the promoter's effort? And what about the fuel costs you have saved ( not to mention a burger and chips worth! ). Now THAT's a True Fan? T.I.C.

The statements that have been made about this year's Ben Fund, including those above, have been nothing short of a horror show.

The principle of the meeting is great and I'm sure everyone would like to see hundreds of thousands raised, but the line up is shocking, and to expect people to just turn up is not a great advertisement. Never mind the fact it's in Scunthorpe, in March, in the middle of a global pandemic.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

I'm not sure. Don't true fans send in their ticket value, as a donation and a Thanks for all the promoter's effort? And what about the fuel costs you have saved ( not to mention a burger and chips worth! ). Now THAT's a True Fan? T.I.C.

i have been down that road before when workington had to pull the plug on the 2nd half of their double header due to the track freezing over . some fans moaned a bit about getting a refund for the lost meeting .  the people who i used to stand with all walked away and left it at that . they did not make a fuss about wanting cash back . also the van had been filled with fuel . no saving there then !

so looks like we are true fans after all !    T.I.C. .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 7:35 PM, BobC said:

You’ve been a fan for 64 years and you’ve only just realised you don’t matter? Speedway fans stopped being important years ago!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1