British Speedway Forum
tellboy

Will the premiership start on time?

12 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

I said involved at Peterborough Speedway.

I don't care who you are and I don't care what type of connections you have. Unlike most I'm not playing a game of guess who on a Speedway Forum when the Coronavirus is putting the world on lockdown. 

All I will say is when I post a video on here revealing my identity then you will be left with egg on your face. I'm leaving it at that because I don't need to have a back and forth.

Even involved in Peterborough speedway you wouldn't be posting a lot of crap, especially with buster as owner like I've said grow up . 

1 hour ago, DBP said:

There will be no ambulance cover at any mass gatherings from tomorrow so no speedway.

Take it there will be no horse racing either ?

5 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Good shout, the BHA have said horse racing continues but behind closed doors. Therefore they will still need ambulance cover..... interesting 

7 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Interesting thing about medical cover as racing is to continue in this country so why not speedway as well which certainly need medical cover

Edited by mickthemuppet

2 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

Interesting thing about medical cover as racing is to continue in this country so why not speedway as well which certainly need medical cover

££££££

• Like 1

Just read that the 2020 Isle of Man TT has been cancelled. Expect a similar decision by BSPA-SCB tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Horses cannot catch Corona Virus I guess ... the vets can treat any injured jockeys ..... one rule for some and another for the toffs who run “horsey“ sports.

Think you'll find, the betting industry is financially covering any medical cover if needed, can't have gamblers not able to feed their habit now can we!!

All of the other "horsey" events have been cancelled.

Edited by Badge

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Will be announced tomorrow I'd imagine after BSPA meeting.

Which just goes to show they had already made the decision last week if they are letting riders leave the country. 

As always the authorities assume the public are stupid. 

Edited by stevebrum
Correct grammar
  • Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 5:18 PM, noggin said:

Time to dump BT Sports then.

sorry to tell you , you just cannot dump bt sports like that . you either have buy out the remainder of you contract (mine quote was almost the remaining contract ) . or by the courts or something like that . bt are still giving you the sports channels , but not the sports that you signed up for ! in their eyes they are still giving you football etc  . but not the ones you want .

i phoned to complain about this and they opened up a complaint for me . i was waiting for an arranged  phone call on friday between 4.30pm a n 6 pm . it never happened . still waiting .

also they increased my monthly contract because i went over my phone usage for one month  and i was told the new payment would that figure for the remainder of my contract . 

will bt get my custom next time around .. no chance .  

but on the brighter side of things , at least they have proper english speaking call centres  ( scottish ). ! ! !

anyone else had these issues ?

Edited by jenga

9 hours ago, stevebrum said:

What utter codswallop and you know it.

Unless they have relatives who are elderly and vulnerable they don’t ‘need caring for’.

The riders must have been told they won’t be racing for their clubs till at least April which begs the question why aren’t the fans being told this instead of this secrecy of a meeting tomorrow that will update fans on the current situation.

By all accounts we all know the season isn’t starting this week if riders are being allowed to isolate so this isn’t going to be any new news. 

Most people will have guessed all this anyway, even you. 

I'm with you, unforgivable that the BSPA have created a virus so that they can achieve their own agenda! I thought they'd stop after they were deemed responsible for the climate change that rained off so many key meetings. J Arthur

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

sorry to tell you , you just cannot dump bt sports like that . you either have buy out the remainder of you contract (mine quote was almost the remaining contract ) . or by the courts or something like that . bt are still giving you the sports channels , but not the sports that you signed up for ! in their eyes they are still giving you football etc  . but not the ones you want .

i phoned to complain about this and they opened up a complaint for me . i was waiting for an arranged  phone call on friday between 4.30pm a n 6 pm . it never happened . still waiting .

also the increased my monthly contract because i went over my phone usage and i was told the new payment would that figure for the remainder of my contract . 

will bt get my custom next time around .. no chance .  

but on the brighter side of things , at least they have proper english speaking call centres  ( scottish ). ! ! !

anyone else had these issues ?

Yes I had the same and had to buy out my contract with B.T,I complained a few times and got it reduced but they are all the same now.I am on EE mobile and get BT sports for £15 a month which I can stream to my TV and it is a rolling contract on a month to month basis and can cancel at anytime.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Which just goes to show they had already made the decision last week if they are letting riders leave the country. 

As always the authorities assume the public are stupid. 

We must be, to hand over our hard earned.

I'm not in the know but I fear this season may never get started,  time is not on our side in terms of how many weeks we have for racing ,,so I think we may have to except there wont be much speedway this season if any...

Johnson said that from Tuesday mass gatherings requiring emergency workers aresomething "we are now moving emphatically away from".

All you need to know really