British Speedway Forum
tellboy

Will the premiership start on time?

10 hours ago, Crump99 said:

(& it was only Neil the hippy who called everyone Guys!)

Well not quite: Peterborough Panthers Speedway@PboroPanthers - STAY SAFE out there guys and be sure to follow all the latest government guidelines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Good shout, the BHA have said horse racing continues but behind closed doors. Therefore they will still need ambulance cover..... interesting 

Grand national and boat race off. So  speedway has no chance roll on 2021

56 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

I'm with you, unforgivable that the BSPA have created a virus so that they can achieve their own agenda! I thought they'd stop after they were deemed responsible for the climate change that rained off so many key meetings. J Arthur

:rolleyes:

When you look at what this virus is doing to stable and large industries, it leaves little hope for what is essentially a semi pro sport, that has next to no cash and little cash flow on top of it.

There is enough here to believe that speedway may well not survive this.

I think the thread title goes without saying, the real question is whether or not the sport will survive.

15 hours ago, jenga said:

sorry to tell you , you just cannot dump bt sports like that . you either have buy out the remainder of you contract (mine quote was almost the remaining contract ) . or by the courts or something like that . bt are still giving you the sports channels , but not the sports that you signed up for ! in their eyes they are still giving you football etc  . but not the ones you want .

i phoned to complain about this and they opened up a complaint for me . i was waiting for an arranged  phone call on friday between 4.30pm a n 6 pm . it never happened . still waiting .

also they increased my monthly contract because i went over my phone usage for one month  and i was told the new payment would that figure for the remainder of my contract . 

will bt get my custom next time around .. no chance .  

but on the brighter side of things , at least they have proper english speaking call centres  ( scottish ). ! ! !

anyone else had these issues ?

I have gone beyond my initial contract.

Announcement today was expected. I disagree with Godfrey that this has 'come out of nowhere'. It hasnt. It's been going on for the last 4 months and done nothing but gradually worsen.

What needs to happen next is planning. Long term planning. Not the sad face in an interview. What I want to hear is that the association are actively beginning to put steps in place that could potentially safeguard the future of the sport.

At this moment in time I don't see a leader in this sport who has the acumen to take us through to the other side.

That is my biggest concern.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Like I said the other day. Hoping for a may start. Key word HOPING

Just hope the Chinese Virus is gone sooner rather than later so we can get racing again.

chinese virus :rofl:  listening to too much donald

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Yep. I stand with Donald. 

Thought you probably would. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, acef said:

Announcement today was expected. I disagree with Godfrey that this has 'come out of nowhere'. It hasnt. It's been going on for the last 4 months and done nothing but gradually worsen.

What needs to happen next is planning. Long term planning. Not the sad face in an interview. What I want to hear is that the association are actively beginning to put steps in place that could potentially safeguard the future of the sport.

At this moment in time I don't see a leader in this sport who has the acumen to take us through to the other side.

That is my biggest concern.

Totally agree acef...Godfrey is an incompetent clown and hasn’t been Up to speed with this serious problem...it is due to him and his equally useless mate Chapman that speedway has been run into the ground...still they will now be able to blame the virus! ”nothing to do with us mate” 

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

As expected all speedway meetings have been suspended and the situation will be reviewed on April 15th

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.37980

It’s what we all expected despite the lone mouthpiece of the forum thinking they were the only one that knew. :rofl:

• Like 2

While it is being reviewed on April 15 th don t think it will start anytime soon after that given the way other sports have reacted with their time scales.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

While it is being reviewed on April 15 th don t think it will start anytime soon after that given the way other sports have reacted with their time scales.

Hugh Pym on the BBC has been told by the BMA the virus in the UK won't peak until late June or early July.If that is the case, it's hard to see any kind of normality in sport before late autumn.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
Added text
  • Like 2