British Speedway Forum
tellboy

Will the premiership start on time?

As a competition, it’s pretty much already over. If and when any racing resumes, you’ll not see the teams listed on the BSPA website so any “winner” at the end of it will be irrelevant and worthless. It is what it is and there’s nothing anyone can do. Such a shame as this was building up to be one of the most anticipated seasons for years with the likes of Crump and Pedersen returning. 

11 hours ago, arnieg said:

In addition:

1  Poland, Sweden, Denmark etc will also be trying to squeeze in a few fixtures

2  Some Australians won't bother returning for a short season

3  Airline schedules will probably still be in a state of disarray

Now now Arnie, we will have no negative posts on this forum!

1 hour ago, Crazy robin said:

Is it true that Nick Morris, Josh Pickering & Ryan Douglas all returned to Australia last week?

Josh g gone back also. Todd kurtz said he's going back so assume Brady will to. 

Should imagine most If not all aussies have flown back home 

Edited by Phil The Ace

I'm stund with the amount of Speedway fans in meltdown at the thought of 2020 not even happening. It is very very highly likely Speedway will not resume until 2021 minimum. Get used to it, wind ya necks in & get a sense of reality of what's going on around the world. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm stund with the amount of Speedway fans in meltdown at the thought of 2020 not even happening. It is very very highly likely Speedway will not resume until 2021 minimum. Get used to it, wind ya necks in & get a sense of reality of what's going on around the world. 

Big bold statement, but i'd like to think we will see some. Who knows ?

• Like 1

Think we will see some speedway but not as we know it,  league wise. Maybe more open, cup matches ect. Let's hope so. 

About time we changed the title of this thread to  "Will the Premiership start?" Possibly even adding " Ever again"

Edited by waytogo28
correction

4 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

About time we changed the title of this thread to  "Will the Premiership start?" Possibly even adding " Ever again"

The original question was " Will the Premiership start on time?"

Simple answer - NO

Nothing else can really be said about the question unless you expand it to "When will the Premiership start?"

Simple answer - No one knows what is going to happen in the future but if anyone does I suggest they invest in the Lottery.

16 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

its Stunned not stund :rofl::rofl: Numpty 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

its Stunned not stund :rofl::rofl: Numpty 

Spelling police alert!!!! 

:wub: I love you Geoff :wub:

Don't have an argument so gets offensive. 

You're such a sexy beast :wub:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

:wub: I love you Geoff :wub:

Don't have an argument so gets offensive. 

You're such a sexy beast :wub:

:nono:

11 hours ago, Chris116 said:

The original question was " Will the Premiership start on time?"

Simple answer - NO

Nothing else can really be said about the question unless you expand it to "When will the Premiership start?"

Simple answer - No one knows what is going to happen in the future but if anyone does I suggest they invest in the Lottery.

I agree with this.  The very best optimistic option is after the 12 week self isolation period ends in mid June.    Add a few weeks to get the schedules sorted and maybe start sometime in early July.   Canot see anything better than that.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Mark said:

I agree with this.  The very best optimistic option is after the 12 week self isolation period ends in mid June.    Add a few weeks to get the schedules sorted and maybe start sometime in early July.   Canot see anything better than that.

I think most people would settle for that.

10 hours ago, geoff58 said:

:nono:

Geoff is an Enormous Fan of finger wagging and caning and all such corporal punishment for crimes ay any level.