British Speedway Forum
tellboy

Will the premiership start on time?

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:38 PM, cityrebel said:

Now now Arnie, we will have no negative posts on this forum!

To be positive back in 1929 the season at Hamburg dirt track only started in mid-July and they managed to fit in over 40 meetings before the season ended :P

It isn’t often I comment on this forum anymore but I feel I want to about the current situation regarding the virus -I really can see this season not starting can see this only getting worse sadly with Pubs and other public places closing Friday and possible lock down coming in the next few days or even today  best possible I think we’ve got this for 6 months which takes us to the end of September so I think whatever sport we love think we have accept it could be a blank summer - sorry for doom and gloom just being realistic . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

It isn’t often I comment on this forum anymore but I feel I want to about the current situation regarding the virus -I really can see this season not starting can see this only getting worse sadly with Pubs and other public places closing Friday and possible lock down coming in the next few days or even today  best possible I think we’ve got this for 6 months which takes us to the end of September so I think whatever sport we love think we have accept it could be a blank summer - sorry for doom and gloom just being realistic . 

I think it's important that even if it is just a few weeks that we have available that the sport does whatever it can to say we are still here and fighting

Infact the same applies to every business and every person all around the world

When we do come through this it will be incumbent on everyone to show some real spirit and fight

Great and hopefully it will happen here and hopefully it will still cost five pfennigs to get in. Even I could afford it then.

42 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think it's important that even if it is just a few weeks that we have available that the sport does whatever it can to say we are still here and fighting

Infact the same applies to every business and every person all around the world

When we do come through this it will be incumbent on everyone to show some real spirit and fight

The problem with it only being for a month or two at most would be if it was worth while preparing tracks and spending money on preparation etc

hopefully if we do manage to get a couple of months in, the supporters will go out and support the meetings in great numbers

Would imagine Australia and New Zealand might have a few more riders next winter so riders can get the practice

Edited by The Third Man

13 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Geoff is an Enormous Fan of finger wagging and caning and all such corporal punishment for crimes ay any level. 

correct and you will get one for criticising my post :nono:

• Haha 3

ACU just announced that racing licences are suspended til end May 2020.

30 minutes ago, Warriors said:

That's it for this year.

That's certainly how I see it! ( IMHO)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

That's certainly how I see it! ( IMHO)

Agree WTG Sadly there’s no way speedway or many other events will take place this year but careful you will be accused of being a doom and gloom merchant.

The big issue is when the Covid19 infection rate significantly drops off and the government look to easing the lockdown, which is clearly still weeks if not months away, allowing sports to resume will be very low on the agenda as the country’s health experts will not want large gatherings of people closely grouped together for fear of a second outbreak. Ok speedway only attracts a very small number of supporters but I believe social distancing and limits on crowds will be with us, in some form, for a considerable time to come.

• Like 1

The season will get underway when it would have been at the halfway stage. How that gets sorted i do not know. I just want to see some action.

• Confused 1

On 4/21/2020 at 4:44 PM, craigACE said:

The season will get underway when it would have been at the halfway stage. How that gets sorted i do not know. I just want to see some action.

Dream on 

• Like 6

I suspect that the 2021 season may possibly start on time, although the announcememnt today that " Covid 19 is here to stay until an effective vaccine is available" . Bearing in mind that the vast majority of supporters are in or near the vulnerable elderly category, there may not be many of them risking a trip to the speedway in 2021.

• Thanks 1