British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Because the TV deal is for the top flight. ;)

And when did Sky (the thread title) last have anything to do with speedway......

15 minutes ago, woofers said:

And when did Sky (the thread title) last have anything to do with speedway......

Agree, have no idea why the originator of the thread put SKY instead or Eurosport.

Still, as the deal with Eurosport for top flight league matches the thread is in the right place. (Shame the title is misleading!)

10 minutes ago, woofers said:

agree nothing what so ever to do with sky sports or though Eurosport comes of the sky platform which is supposed to show domestic speedway 

As sky are not giving discounts or refunds why cant they as a goodwill gesture to those who are paying for the sports channels mostly for football give access to for example box sets especially so that those in Isolation have something to watch instead of daytime tv

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

As sky are not giving discounts or refunds why cant they as a goodwill gesture to those who are paying for the sports channels mostly for football give access to for example box sets especially so that those in Isolation have something to watch instead of daytime tv

Just read that Sky may let you suspend your account. Not sure how that would work though, if you wanted sky for the films, but did not want to pay for sports until live transmission can be resumed.

Just now, RS50 said:

Just read that Sky may let you suspend your account. Not sure how that would work though, if you wanted sky for the films, but did not want to pay for sports until live transmission can be resumed.

there part of a different package. So you can suspend sport for now, but it wont affect anything else, you would still receive other channels. 

1 hour ago, therefused said:

there part of a different package. So you can suspend sport for now, but it wont affect anything else, you would still receive other channels. 

Have you actually suspended your sport package with them, as knowing there devious ways with splitting there offers up and there different lengths of contract per offer if you reinstate they will put it back on an 18month contract starting again.

Just tried to call Sky but they have a 1 hour 30 min wait. You can't do it online you have to call them. 

18 minutes ago, dj350z said:

Just tried to call Sky but they have a 1 hour 30 min wait. You can't do it online you have to call them. 

I text them when i cancelled my multiroom previously, sometimes takes a while back and forth texting but at least they know your there and your not hanging on line etc

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I text them when i cancelled my multiroom previously, sometimes takes a while back and forth texting but at least they know your there and your not hanging on line etc

Cheers. Thanks for that.

twitter is usually a good way to get things done, they don't want negativity in such a visible media

8 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Just stop your direct debit they will soon contact u !

That's a good point! Do you pay in advance for the services or arrears?

If you read the statement on the Sky website they are hoping to allow you to suspend your sports package online from Friday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim G said:

If you read the statement on the Sky website they are hoping to allow you to suspend your sports package online from Friday.

That's why I was trying to contact them.