British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, DSC67 said:

You’ve  probably already  paid for the next months “ viewing “ such as it is 

No not the case apparently as they are still talking the full amount from 28 March to 27 April for my March monthly direct debit. The suspension can only kick in the month after - hence 30 days notice during which they are charging you for something they can’t provide. Doesn’t seem fair to me.  

Has anybody got an actual contract with Sky and BT as I certainly haven't

As Samuel Goldwyn said  "A verbal contract is not worth the paper it is written on "

15 hours ago, RS50 said:

BT and Sky may not be under any legal obligation to cancel subscriptions for anyone under contract. However, they should remember that these contracts do not last forever, and how they treat us now could affect how much business they have in the future.

Too true. I've been quite happy with BT until now and I've never really been fussed about moving to Sky, but this has changed all that. 30 days notice going in as soon as I can get through to their xal centre!

• Like 1

i suspended my sky sports account online, within a few hours i see its been cancelled off this months bill with immediate effect... Well done sky :t:

• Like 4

BT may reap the benefits now with their ignorance . but come the time when most peoples 18 month contract runs out , they will be in deep doo doo .

i am sure every time you alter your bt account (adding or subtracting channels ) you enter into another 18 month contract . my bt contract was supposed to end in sept 2020 . they phoned me up tp say i had gone over my monthly land line usage and added £7.00 extra to my account . i asked if this was a one off payment and was told it was for the remaining contract that would finish in jan 2021 !  now looking forward to jan 2021 so i can give them the middle finger . they may try to give you a cracking deal . but whats the point of taking it on when they will defo increase the monthly charge after a few months . 

so the power is in our hands , ditch bt and lets see how long that non listening company lasts ..:icon_smile_clown:

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, psycho3a said:

i suspended my sky sports account online, within a few hours i see its been cancelled off this months bill with immediate effect... Well done sky :t:

Ditto! Manage to pause my Sky Sports early this morning after trying all weekend and I can see now my April bill is considerably reduced! 

Paused mine the other day then noticed my account accessed via my tv showed my charges had gone up,then tried online with account it showed the reduction in my charges thankfully 

ARR , the digital tv pirates are coming . 

6 hours ago, jenga said:

BT may reap the benefits now with their ignorance . but come the time when most peoples 18 month contract runs out , they will be in deep doo doo .

i am sure every time you alter your bt account (adding or subtracting channels ) you enter into another 18 month contract . my bt contract was supposed to end in sept 2020 . they phoned me up tp say i had gone over my monthly land line usage and added £7.00 extra to my account . i asked if this was a one off payment and was told it was for the remaining contract that would finish in jan 2021 !  now looking forward to jan 2021 so i can give them the middle finger . they may try to give you a cracking deal . but whats the point of taking it on when they will defo increase the monthly charge after a few months . 

so the power is in our hands , ditch bt and lets see how long that non listening company lasts ..:icon_smile_clown:

Are you really saying you went over a limit on the telephone, they charged you £7 which they probably entitled, but then you say they are going to charge you £7 per month till your contract ends Jan 2021.  Either you telling porkies, are confused, or BT are not working correct.                 
Where you say they put the price up after 3 month into a contract. That’s where the new law, which has been in existence some time now, allows you to pull out of the contract if you want when a price rise is applied.

55 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Are you really saying you went over a limit on the telephone, they charged you £7 which they probably entitled, but then you say they are going to charge you £7 per month till your contract ends Jan 2021.  Either you telling porkies, are confused, or BT are not working correct.                 
Where you say they put the price up after 3 month into a contract. That’s where the new law, which has been in existence some time now, allows you to pull out of the contract if you want when a price rise is applied.

thats is what i was told by the bt call centre . its a way of getting you into a new 18 month contract . i am not aware of the new ruling / prob thats why they wait until they have the chance to alter your contract by saying i have used too much of whatever and they are putting the price up due to being generous with their phone lines . i will just have to see if my next payment is based on the higher price or not .

i wonder if its still in the small print of their contracts ?

.B.T.W.   its approx £7 + per month extra , so that will be £ 72.00 a month in total  .

For anyone who views Sky Sports & BT through Virgin Media there's now a link on their website to pause Sky Sports. I rang yesterday, before the link appeared, & after waiting about 30 mins eventually got through, they knocked off the £31 a month they charge for the next 3 months. The channels are still available to watch.

1 hour ago, jenga said:

thats is what i was told by the bt call centre . its a way of getting you into a new 18 month contract . i am not aware of the new ruling / prob thats why they wait until they have the chance to alter your contract by saying i have used too much of whatever and they are putting the price up due to being generous with their phone lines . i will just have to see if my next payment is based on the higher price or not .

i wonder if its still in the small print of their contracts ?

.B.T.W.   its approx £7 + per month extra , so that will be £ 72.00 a month in total  .

Its just you said you went over a telephone limit and they charged you £7. That's should be a one off, unless it was so high like £90 and they agreed with you to take it over the next 12-13 months. That seems unlikey. I think under the new regulation they are limited to what annual increase they can do - like the CPI index, which is about 2%, so sounds like you were paying £65 per month, 2% of that is £1.30 per month, that should be your increase (approx.).  Somethings going on.

Edited by OveFundinFan

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Its just you said you went over a telephone limit and they charged you £7. That's should be a one off, unless it was so high like £90 and they agreed with you to take it over the next 12-13 months. That seems unlikey. I think under the new regulation they are limited to what annual increase they can do - like the CPI index, which is about 2%, so sounds like you were paying £65 per month, 2% of that is £1.30 per month, that should be your increase (approx.).  Somethings going on.

i will find out if its an ongoing charge when i have notice of my next bill . think its due on the 13th of next month with the notice a week or so earlier .

adding to that the bt box has. started playing up . i can watch bt sports 1 (fishing ) but as soon as i change channel to say bbc1 or any other channel its a no show  .

and now boris have put us all in jail for the next 3 weeks at least . it just gets better . but we all have to give it a go or ?i? 

and we thought having no speedway was bad .. 

i wonder who will be the first to get fined  for joy riding during the lock down ?

Here is a copy of a paragraph from switch.com:-

Ofcom regulations state that you’re allowed to break your contract penalty-free if your provider increases subscription fees from what was agreed when the contract was signed.                      

You have 30 days to ask to cancel, think that is from date on letter they send to say there is a price increase.

• Like 1

Paused Sky, but can't get through to BT so will just cancel the DD.