British Speedway Forum

Is it possible to pause bt thru the bt account on line

5 hours ago, bruno said:

Is it possible to pause bt thru the bt account on line

I wasn't able to, no reply to phone call, waiting time queue of over an hour, so cancelled my DD

• Like 2

Have you tried the online chat facility on BT website? These can be a lot quicker than hanging on the telephone (cue Blondie song).

As I stated earlier in the thread, I managed to pause my Sky Sports subscription last Sunday. I notice my future bills will be: April £41.53, May £60.50 and June £79.17. Anyone know how they arrive at those figuers?

1 hour ago, dj350z said:

As I stated earlier in the thread, I managed to pause my Sky Sports subscription last Sunday. I notice my future bills will be: April £41.53, May £60.50 and June £79.17. Anyone know how they arrive at those figuers?

Ive found in the past that my account accessed via my tv doesnt always tally up with that accessed online, also sky stagger in length there discounts given on different packages you subscribe to during a contract period so the discount drops off and your bills can differ with this,  if you dont keep an eye on your account you can find you pay more without realising it. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Ive found in the past that my account accessed via my tv doesnt always tally up with that accessed online, also sky stagger in length there discounts given on different packages you subscribe to during a contract period so the discount drops off and your bills can differ with this,  if you dont keep an eye on your account you can find you pay more without realising it. 

Cheers. Thanks for that.

4 hours ago, dj350z said:

small buttons on the calculator and big fat fingers touching two buttons at once ..

• Haha 1

Just seen on BT sport website, that you can claim one month's credit back, or ask them to donate the same amount to NHS charity.

Waited 40 minutes this morning to talk to a BT guy.  I only got BT TV to get Speedway GP and Moto GP plus wife wanted Movies 24. Speedway/MotoGp finished last October so I have to pay 4-5 months for nothing except wife gets Movies 24.  I got a letter from BT couple week ago to say Movie 24 is being dropped, so legally I could cancel my contract and as Speedway and MotoGP postponed it could be tempting. I put my case and said what could be done, Was told they would suspend the Sport package (£4 per month) on a monthly basis reviewed, I reminded them I could cancel the lot but didn't want to, could they suspend the TV and sport package, total £18 per month as per the Sport package. After consulting his supervisor again they agreed to do that on a month bt month basis..... but I have to request it month by month. So some sort of success.

Must admit some of the BT packages are good value, but I have got discounts running.  And whilst I live a bit countrified area, Openreach has put in fibre to the house (not a green box 2 mile down the road). I pay for 72 mbps, when I renew contract I will drop down probably to 37.  Previously on copper cable I woud get 1.3 mbps and that was on a good day.

Edited by OveFundinFan

3 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Just seen on BT sport website, that you can claim one month's credit back, or ask them to donate the same amount to NHS charity.

something tells me they will not donate money to the NHS .  roll on feb2021 when my contract finishes .  why could they not send everyone an email instead of ruining it for the future of bt . scummy blags .

19 hours ago, jenga said:

something tells me they will not donate money to the NHS .  roll on feb2021 when my contract finishes .  why could they not send everyone an email instead of ruining it for the future of bt . scummy blags .

If they didn't and got found out could cost them a fortune in lost customers. If you want to be certain, the money goes to the correct cause, just request a refund and give the money personally.

On 3/28/2020 at 8:00 PM, jenga said:

I doubt very much a business like BT would even dare think about something like you suggest, it would cripple them financially if found out, and it would.                      
I have a reasonable relationship with BT, see my post 3 before this one. I find if I talk calmly to them ( or other companies I may have a contract with), tell them my situation, and what I would like to do, even tell them what I am thinking of doing, I don’t always “win” but usually come to a reasonable settlement.                       
Take Saturday when I rang them, I was in a position where legally I could have cancelled my whole contract (BT was changing my contract by them dropping Movies24), but if I had done that I would have lost super fast broadband (n other supplier can offer that to me apparently). So I would be big time looser. I didnt particularly want to lose but sport either, speedway and Moto gp will be back some day, and I get good discounts on my package. So I had to be sure not to put myself down a “bad route”. I was suggesting suspending the whole tv package (£18 per month)’, they wanted to suspend just the £4 p sport package. I respectfully reminded them what I could legally do (cancel £52 pm), adding that I don’t want to do that, but would, and got the concession to suspend the whole tv package month by month till this mess is over.

i think in any business where they sell a service over the phone the “sharp guys” (and gals) will always be there, pushing things in a way to benefit them personally. Having had my own business over the last 25 years, until retirement, I have heard them all, got caught out too many times, but learnt from it.

At least the sports channels are doing there bit havn't seen anything from the profit driven Utilities companies helping those with no or reduced incomes, there no doubt making even more profit with people being home using more Gas and Electric than usual, they should be brought to task by the government 

• Like 2

Utility companies will not be making as much money from businesses though. Sports channels will be saving money. Presume they will not be paying for the rights to show live events, currently, and will not be incurring production costs.