British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I doubt very much a business like BT would even dare think about something like you suggest, it would cripple them financially if found out, and it would.                      
I have a reasonable relationship with BT, see my post 3 before this one. I find if I talk calmly to them ( or other companies I may have a contract with), tell them my situation, and what I would like to do, even tell them what I am thinking of doing, I don’t always “win” but usually come to a reasonable settlement.                       
Take Saturday when I rang them, I was in a position where legally I could have cancelled my whole contract (BT was changing my contract by them dropping Movies24), but if I had done that I would have lost super fast broadband (n other supplier can offer that to me apparently). So I would be big time looser. I didnt particularly want to lose but sport either, speedway and Moto gp will be back some day, and I get good discounts on my package. So I had to be sure not to put myself down a “bad route”. I was suggesting suspending the whole tv package (£18 per month)’, they wanted to suspend just the £4 p sport package. I respectfully reminded them what I could legally do (cancel £52 pm), adding that I don’t want to do that, but would, and got the concession to suspend the whole tv package month by month till this mess is over.

i think in any business where they sell a service over the phone the “sharp guys” (and gals) will always be there, pushing things in a way to benefit them personally. Having had my own business over the last 25 years, until retirement, I have heard them all, got caught out too many times, but learnt from it.

i took a trip to the BT website (my BT) . there was three offers on . i was offered a credit for my sports package. dont know how much discount i will get , but something is better than nowt ! hope my monthly bill will be lower  as O.F.F.  points out...  i too have super fast broad band and have been impressed with it so far . sure , there will be times when its not super fast , but it does me .

i can see the bug thing lasting at least 6 months and a further 2/3 months before most things are bace to semi normal . just in time foe Christmas !     but we all must fight it together . its for the future of OUR planet and generations after us guys have moved on .. 

stay safe and keep your distance ... 

Wouldn't it be great for the sport if Sky or BT showed old GPs? It would cost the channels very little to show it (presumably little in the way of ongoing fees to the sport) and might just attract the odd new fan as we're all locked at home watching stuff that we never would have bothered with in the past.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 12:13 PM, jenga said:

i took a trip to the BT website (my BT) . there was three offers on . i was offered a credit for my sports package. dont know how much discount i will get , but something is better than nowt ! hope my monthly bill will be lower  as O.F.F.  points out...  i too have super fast broad band and have been impressed with it so far . sure , there will be times when its not super fast , but it does me .

i can see the bug thing lasting at least 6 months and a further 2/3 months before most things are bace to semi normal . just in time foe Christmas !     but we all must fight it together . its for the future of OUR planet and generations after us guys have moved on .. 

stay safe and keep your distance ... 

The same here. The BT website gives 3 options:

Donate monthly fee to NHS, get 2 months free BT Sport or switch to their £10 TV package and get 3 months free BT Sport added on.

B.T  and Sky are only interested in football  and Eurosport  in Snooker and cycling    You've got to keep them going You must keep them brainwashed

On 4/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, Garry1603 said:

Wouldn't it be great for the sport if Sky or BT showed old GPs? It would cost the channels very little to show it (presumably little in the way of ongoing fees to the sport) and might just attract the odd new fan as we're all locked at home watching stuff that we never would have bothered with in the past.

BT showing some of last year's GP's later this week.

Anyone who applied for the month's credit from BT Sport, this has now been extended to 2 months. Should be done automatically so no need to apply again. Looks as though they will add another too if there's no live sport in June.

Virgin Media are offering a 'Sports Pause' facility for Sky Sports and BT Sport.  Easy to do online and they will re-introduce automatically when live sport resumes. Bill is reduced within 24 hours.

A few things being repeated this week, all on BT Sport 2;

•  Tomorrow -  True Grit - 10pm
  • Thursday - Highlights of 2019 Warsaw GP - 9.30am
  • Thursday - Highlights of 2019 Krsko GP - 10.30am
  • Friday -  Highlights of 2019 Prague GP - 9.30am
  • Friday - Highlights of 2019 Hallstavik GP - 10.30am
  • Like 2

Great post "The Cheese", I had missed that, thank you.

Edited by StevePass

GP highlights continue this week, again BT Sport 2 at 9.30am

• Monday - Wroclaw
  • Tuesday - Malilla
  • Wednesday - Teterow
  • Thursday - Cardiff
  • Friday - Vojens (8.30am)
  • Friday - Torun

Most of the GPs last year were total boring rubbish,,, shame,  good job it's only highlights just in case someone new tunes in. 

Are you allowed to say that , we all know that GPs and polish speedway is the best ? Not. The racing over here can be as good.  

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 3:38 PM, The Cheese said:

A few things being repeated this week, all on BT Sport 2;

•  Tomorrow -  True Grit - 10pm
  • Thursday - Highlights of 2019 Warsaw GP - 9.30am
  • Thursday - Highlights of 2019 Krsko GP - 10.30am
  • Friday -  Highlights of 2019 Prague GP - 9.30am
  • Friday - Highlights of 2019 Hallstavik GP - 10.30am

I couldnt see these listed on my BT2 anytime last week at the times shown.

Not looked at the "new" list yet.

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I couldnt see these listed on my BT2 anytime last week at the times shown.

Not looked at the "new" list yet.

They're all listed on the TV guide on the BT website so I assume they're correct, haven't actually watched any myself to confirm!

Someone said speedway gps are rubbish, no they not. Watched 2019 Malilla and 2019 Teterow, both amazinMonday night I got You Tube via Rocku and watched 2012 Championship Final, both legs, between Somerset and Scunthorpe. Good racing on very good tracks. Also watched a match between Somerset and Sheffield. Again a good match to watch.

Edited by OveFundinFan