British Speedway Forum

As most sports are now showing a shut down should people having a subscription be  asking for  a discount on even cancelling their payments. After all none of these companies are now offering what you signed up for. Will they make a statement or just ignore what is going on

• Like 1

I shall attempt to cancel my sports subscription tomorrow if i can get through. Not paying for something they can't provide...

Sky in Germany last week announced they would be showing the Bundesliga and the 2nd division on Sky News for free !!! So far of course there hasn’t been a game played, but I wondered how those that had paid out for the subscription  channel would feel ? Would only be showing the ‘conference’ though, which is swapping around the games as the action happens

It was to help out so that people didn’t turn up at stadiums as happened last week with Mönchengladbach v Cologne when thousands turned up despite it being played behind closed doors 

Edited by iris123

I would imagine there is a Claus in your contract that says refunds won't be paid even in unforseen circumstances

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

I would imagine there is a Claus in your contract that says refunds won't be paid even in unforseen circumstances

I read somewhere that when it comes to football for example, the matches are postponed and not cancelled so Sky claim no refund is due. Not sure where subscribers stand but it might be worth trying to cancel and look to renew in a few months when the position might be clearer. Who knows anymore. In unchartered territory now and no end in sight. I blame the Chinese but who is going to sue the Chinese Government. Oh well always 2021 to look forward to watching speedway.

Both Sky and BT have paid alot of money for the rights to show certain sports on there channels , they would need to recoup some of this money themselves before they would consider passing on the discounts or refunds, 

When I took out a subscription for BT Sports last year  it included Premier League Football, WTA Tennis and British League Speedway . Now all gone but WWE Wrestling  is included but this is not a sport and should be on the Entertainment channel and not sports. It was on offer at £12.99 per month but now £17.99 for virtually no sports at all. Be interesting to see what they have to say tomorrow

Whilst I have both Sky and BT I will not cancel due to present crisis. Like everything else the lack of revenue will result in those employees who can least afford it suffering

I suspect Sky and BT will try to get out of paying for the sports they are unable to show. They may also save on production costs, camera operators commentators etc.

I got a letter from Sky last week informing me that prices are going up. I can only think of one thing I've watched on Sky in the last three months (Ballers). I think it is definitely time to cancel.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MattK said:

I got a letter from Sky last week informing me that prices are going up. I can only think of one thing I've watched on Sky in the last three months (Ballers). I think it is definitely time to cancel.

Not doing themselves any favours with more and more of the stuff we watch going to BT. Mind you I rate BT as one of the most greedy avaricious outfits going

• Like 1

I think Sky and BT need to think carefully about how they treat their customers. Some may be contracted to pay for their services for up to a year from now. Whether customers choose to pay for services after that date is up to them.

39 minutes ago, woofers said:

Curious as to why this is in the Premiership section.

Because the TV deal is for the top flight. ;)