British Speedway Forum

Tried to suspend my sports package today but the page online comes up as unavailable at present 

Edited by scoobydoo

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Tried to suspend my sports package today but the page online comes up as unavailable at present 

Finally managed to pause Sky Sports.Absolutly ridiculous,why didn't they just suspend the whole of Sky Sports, while there's no live events.You still receive Sky Sports News without the Sports package,so happy with that.Got to wait now until 6th April,to see if they have adjusted the bill.

Paused mine i think !!  Last page doesnt exactly say you have, just thank you your extra channels will be available soon.

Saw a news snippet last night, cant remember where, but BT can suspend packages until future time.

Cant do a link, and some may already have seen this....but on  www.speedwaygp.com  website there is a fantastic race in Prague GP 2015 where NK Iversen gates last but ends up ...……..   Been some good snippets recently, no doubt more to come as no live speedway to comment on.

Edited by OveFundinFan

cancelled  or suspended by sky sports this morning got through on 0800 151 2747 and

got through first time

BT  do not want to know but when my time is up in august I will never renew with then . They are con merchants

• Like 2

Did it online yesterday via the Sky website takes 30 days to activate which is a bit of a cheek considering there is no live sport in the next 4 weeks. Reduces my monthly dd by £20 - you still get to watch all sky sports channels during the suspension

49 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

Did it online yesterday via the Sky website takes 30 days to activate which is a bit of a cheek considering there is no live sport in the next 4 weeks. Reduces my monthly dd by £20 - you still get to watch all sky sports channels during the suspension

You’ve  probably already  paid for the next months “ viewing “ such as it is 

Got a message from BT earlier last week, they removing Movie 24 from the package I have on 31 March. Reason we joined BT TV was so I could watch speedway and the wife Movie 24. Now there is no speedway, MotoGP and now Movie24 dropped it gives me the legal right to cancel.  Just have the problem now to talk to someone at BT.

55 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Got a message from BT earlier last week, they removing Movie 24 from the package I have on 31 March. Reason we joined BT TV was so I could watch speedway and the wife Movie 24. Now there is no speedway, MotoGP and now Movie24 dropped it gives me the legal right to cancel.  Just have the problem now to talk to someone at BT.

Just cancel d/d simple 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geoff58 said:

Just cancel d/d simple 

Not that easy, well, yes its easy to cancel DD, but that would cancel my broadband as well, and I dont want to do that. I just want cancel the TV package ie 2 TV boxes (I get banished to the bedroom when speedway or Mot GP is on.

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Not that easy, well, yes its easy to cancel DD, but that would cancel my broadband as well, and I dont want to do that. I just want cancel the TV package ie 2 TV boxes (I get banished to the bedroom when speedway or Mot GP is on.

fair enough pal :t:

• Like 1

Tried for 3 days, not all day but a couple of hours each day, to cancel BT Sports but never spoke to anyone, so I have cancelled my D/D. Wonder if they will call me now.

With Sky, I just subscribe to a couple of Sports Channels so could not pause online. Rang them and managed to pause them.

BT and Sky may not be under any legal obligation to cancel subscriptions for anyone under contract. However, they should remember that these contracts do not last forever, and how they treat us now could affect how much business they have in the future.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, RS50 said:

BT and Sky may not be under any legal obligation to cancel subscriptions for anyone under contract. However, they should remember that these contracts do not last forever, and how they treat us now could affect how much business they have in the future.

If prices go up during contract there is a legal obligation for supplier to cancel if customer wishes. Stopped the signing up then 3 months later a price rise, that is a surprise and the customer doesn't not want to pay.

12 minutes ago, RS50 said:

I've been wondering how many people might just decide not to reactivate their sports  subscriptions when this is eventually over , some might just decide they can live without it 

• Like 4