British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mags4dorset

What is it that you are doing to keep yourself safe while we amidst COVID-19

5 hours ago, Mags4dorset said:

COVID-19 is pandemic spreading around the world , I am utilizing this time by working from home and learning new things like playing guitar , cooking etc.  

What about you ? 

Local News Publishers Dorset

I intend getting more fishing in...totally isolating pastime!

I’m stuck in India. Tried to get home early but all flights are booked. Supposed to be leaving on Sunday but India is banning commercial flights from landing on Sunday. Still waiting to hear if I can get on a plane. Then I have to get home to Bordeaux which could be interesting... I’ve already had one flight cancelled 

we we live in interesting times 

I work in a special needs school, so it's all hands on deck at the moment. I expect it to stay that way until the government or health issues dictate otherwise.

• Like 2

I fall into one of the high risk categories and work in people's homes everyday. My employer has allowed me to choose when to stop coming into work to protect both myself and our customers. I'm currently still working as I had some jobs booked in which fell into the S••• job category. I didn't want a colleague to have to pick them up or for the customer to end up being put off for a few days. I am reavaluating the situation daily. But can see me confined to barracks so to speak sometime next week.

Sitting in front of my computer doing more research on my Family Tree.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, steve roberts said:

totally isolating pastime!

Anything goes - sp long as it is - totally isolating. The only thing that can slow down or halt the spread is "social distancing" . That is at least four feet plus away from anyone ( meaning everyone other than those in your house already with you ). That and washing your hands after touching door handles etc that A.N.Other has touched - genuinely is the key.

• Like 2

I've invited the Monster Girl to come and sit the next 3-months or so out, but strangely, I've not had a reply yet.

For a serious answer, staying indoors for the most time, wandering round the garden, and taking a drive to the cliff tops along our coast, but not getting out of the car.
I do have to take my wife to hospital for chemo still though.

Let's hope we all stay safe.   

• Like 3

I'm a pretty miserable old git so solitude is not a problem for me personally. Fishing and bird watching trips and walking my friend's dog in the countryside and indoor pursuits like my model railway, editing my vast collection of photographs, watching films from my vast library of DVDs, catching up with my reading and family history...as well as wasting valuable time on the BSF!

• Like 2

Think I will be doing a spot of bird watching!!! Which generally will entail driving somewhere and looking through my camera with the window down. Take my own food and drink so no contact with anyone . Quite looking forward to it actually

• Like 3

So basically, it sounds as if most people are carrying on as normal?

For me, I will be work (from home). Enjoy your birds (both feathered and Monster varieties), fishing and curries - and stay safe.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

I’m stuck in India. Tried to get home early but all flights are booked. Supposed to be leaving on Sunday but India is banning commercial flights from landing on Sunday. Still waiting to hear if I can get on a plane. Then I have to get home to Bordeaux which could be interesting... I’ve already had one flight cancelled 

we we live in interesting times 

Have you been to BBQ Nation yet?

That is one of only two places where I didn't eat everything put in front of me. At BBQ Nation they brought out chicken legs and mine was a bit pink, so I politely passed! The other was when a member of our party ordered Curried Brains (sheep I believe).

8 minutes ago, MattK said:

So basically, it sounds as if most people are carrying on as normal?

For me, I will be work (from home). Enjoy your birds (both feathered and Monster varieties), fishing and curries - and stay safe.

...except I won't be able to enjoy watching steam trains on the NYMR (also closed) but that's a small price to pay.

My Sky box is broke - engineer not coming till 26th

So, I can’t watch the football and rugby league that’s not on the tv

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Carrying on as usual. Following my husband around to see what he's getting up to now.  Getting rid of all the people in the house that he can see but I can't. Picking up the dead Cat in the garage and disposing of it again (for about the 10th time)  feeding the Chickens in the garden that we don't have, also all the Cats and Dogs . Actually I think now would be an ideal time to get another dog and he wouldn't really notice but unfortunately I'm a bit too old so I've got to just make do with Lucy. Highlight of my day is taking her out for a walk across our local nature reserve for a couple of hours so I can relax, listen to the birds singing and take photos. Take that away and I will go mad, although I'm probably half way there already. :D

• Like 6