British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mags4dorset

What is it that you are doing to keep yourself safe while we amidst COVID-19

4 hours ago, MattK said:

So basically, it sounds as if most people are carrying on as normal?

For me, I will be work (from home). Enjoy your birds (both feathered and Monster varieties), fishing and curries - and stay safe.

Might not even be allowed out of the house other than for essentials, if the rumour is correct. Just put a ban in place in Bavaria, so expect others to follow. The government are meeting on Sunday to decide.....

Edited by iris123

As a milky we are beavering away. I act as if I'm already infected if that makes sense. I've been wearing gloves and changing them regularly (not don't this before) Washing hands where possible. Moving fast and keeping my distance. No talking to people. If I could get a mask I'd use 1 for the protection of others just in case. But somebody probably had 500 in a cupboard earmarked for ebay.

In a few weeks time there will be mass casualties and people we may know dying without a goodbye and without a funeral. There will be TV helicopters following the convoys of dead body's as the country mourns. That's not scare mongering. It's very real. So I guess I've come to terms with.that in my own head. I'm at peace with the situation. Maybe we all could take that into consideration. That's your mum's, sisters, wives and possibly kids. Hopefully not though but realise it could be. 

I've made sure if stocks are low my vunerable customers get first dibs. It's not about keeping ourselves safe. Forget about us. It's about not passing anything we may not know we have to healthy or sick people. It's like I'm working in isolation. We should all be considering this .... and if your not there is no reasoning to it. You would be a massive C word

• Like 3

Listening to Annie Mac on radio 1, Mr. Pete Tong should be up next,,, their doing a great job to keep us entertained. :t:

9 hours ago, iris123 said:

Might not even be allowed out of the house other than for essentials, if the rumour is correct. Just put a ban in place in Bavaria, so expect others to follow. The government are meeting on Sunday to decide.....

Same over here. I said to a mate today that fishing would be ideal (and safe), but California has already ordered people not to leave the house, and I'm sure others will follow.

Wife and I both still working  (school and financial services) so as normal as it can be in the circumstances 

Until Friday still expected to take face to face appointments in a windowless office  - whether this will change next week who knows.....

Mrs will even be working through what should've been the Easter holiday so kids of key workers can still come into the school whilst their parents do the vital work

Nothing changes for me work wise still doing 12/13 hour nights, horses still need looking after so that's most of my morning done. Converting a Norton Commando for flat track so that takes up the rest of my time and if I finish that I've the Ariel I used last year to convert to a green lane bike. If I run out of things that need doing this will have gone on for a very, very long time!

• Like 1

My Daughter works in the health industry, so can still get school care for her 2, but would rather not, so we are Mum n Dad from 8 till 2 week days and 8 till 8 weekends

Edited by Bald Bloke

I live in Spain, and we have been in lockdown for a week now. The State of Alarm measures (amongst others) dictate the following:

Leaving your home is limited to the following activities: buying food, going to the pharmacy or bank. Travelling between your workplace and place of residence. Taking care of children, the elderly and other especially vulnerable people. These activities are to be done alone, except when accompanying people with disabilities or for another justified reason.

Vehicles cannot be shared, except for justified reasons. In this case, the passenger must sit at the rear of the car and both occupants of the vehicle must wear a mask.

Pizzerias, hamburger joints, etc., must be closed to the public, and only home delivery is accepted.

Petrol Stations may remain open to the public, however, the shops must be closed, as well as the cafeteria and bathroom, except for the use of lorry drivers, bus drivers, ambulances etc.

All bars and restaurants must be closed. However, home delivery is permitted under the same conditions as fast-food businesses.

Supermarkets, food shops, pharmacies, medical centres, opticians, orthopaedic centres, hygiene and cleaning product shops, press and stationery shops, tobacconists, telephone shops, pet shops for food only, dry cleaners and laundries may be open. Health security measures must be followed at all times.

Law enforcement bodies may request documentation and proof for such presence on public roads, such as supermarket tickets, prescriptions, etc. In addition, pedestrians may be asked for their identification and sanctioned for repetitive, invalid and dishonest behaviour.

My guess is the UK is around 10 days away from similar measures being introduced.

As current experience is showing asking people to follow guidelines isn't working, so if the UK is serious about beating this thing. then far more prescriptive/draconian measures are needed!

Edited by Mr Snackette
  • Like 2

I've just come back from a spot of birdwatching and trust me to share a hide with someone who was deaf and admitting that he had left his hearing aid at home and insisted on coning over to me to speak showing me images that he had taken on his camera...he meant well but I couldn'y believe my luck!

14 minutes ago, Mr Snackette said:

I live in Spain, and we have been in lockdown for a week now. The State of Alarm measures (amongst others) dictate the following:

Leaving your home is limited to the following activities: buying food, going to the pharmacy or bank. Travelling between your workplace and place of residence. Taking care of children, the elderly and other especially vulnerable people. These activities are to be done alone, except when accompanying people with disabilities or for another justified reason.

Vehicles cannot be shared, except for justified reasons. In this case, the passenger must sit at the rear of the car and both occupants of the vehicle must wear a mask.

Pizzerias, hamburger joints, etc., must be closed to the public, and only home delivery is accepted.

Petrol Stations may remain open to the public, however, the shops must be closed, as well as the cafeteria and bathroom, except for the use of lorry drivers, bus drivers, ambulances etc.

All bars and restaurants must be closed. However, home delivery is permitted under the same conditions as fast-food businesses.

Supermarkets, food shops, pharmacies, medical centres, opticians, orthopaedic centres, hygiene and cleaning product shops, press and stationery shops, tobacconists, telephone shops, pet shops for food only, dry cleaners and laundries may be open. Health security measures must be followed at all times.

Law enforcement bodies may request documentation and proof for such presence on public roads, such as supermarket tickets, prescriptions, etc. In addition, pedestrians may be asked for their identification and sanctioned for repetitive, invalid and dishonest behaviour.

My guess is the UK is around 10 days away from similar measures being introduced.

As current experience is showing asking people to follow guidelines isn't working, so if the UK is serious about beating this thing. then far more prescriptive/draconian measures are needed!

Yes I'm sure we will be seeing massive moves in the way that you have suggested. I'm due my weekly shop tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

My son won't let me out the house. Both my wife (his mum) and my son (his brother) have died within the last two years and he doesn't want me to take any chances as he doesn't want to lose me as well. So, since last Tuesday I have just stayed at home. It's already driving me mad! Another three months - aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!

Anyway, he is just about to come round with a food parcel - my first since I have been in lockdown. He says he will leave it outside the front door. I hope it's got crumpets in it.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, norbold said:

My son won't let me out the house. Both my wife (his mum) and my son (his brother) have died within the last two years and he doesn't want me to take any chances as he doesn't want to lose me as well. So, since last Tuesday I have just stayed at home. It's already driving me mad! Another three months - aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!

Anyway, he is just about to come round with a food parcel - my first since I have been in lockdown. He says he will leave it outside the front door. I hope it's got crumpets in it.....

Good luck norbold...I'm having to monitor my mother's movements and it's going to be very stressful for both of us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, norbold said:

You could always write a book

• Haha 2

To Norbold and all those in the same boat - take care and I hope you have the family/friend network to keep you going and as sane as is possible :t:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, arnieg said:

You could always write a book

or watch a live music stream tonight (22nd march) @ 8.30 from one of Cumbrias finest bands . 

find this stream @ flynts night in . it may take you to the twitter account. its actually on their facebook account . find info on both twitter and facebook by scrolling down the page . 

45 mins of music and maybe even other stuff thrown in . wot more do you want for nowt ?

Edited by jenga