British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mags4dorset

What is it that you are doing to keep yourself safe while we amidst COVID-19

9 hours ago, Sotonian said:

My wife goes daily to buy a local newspaper. There is no-one who delivers it so it's the only option.

Given tonight's announcement, I would suggest she does as we do here, and read her paper online.

Finally, sex on your own is the in thing to do.  :)

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Mr Snackette said:

Given tonight's announcement, I would suggest she does as we do here, and read her paper online.

She doesn't do online. She has just learnt to text though so there is hope.

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Can't remember the reason behind it however...so you missed Swindon's victory at Wood Lane in 1976? Dag was blighted with engine problems I recall.

I could never understand why Dag was not suited to the White City track maybe his interest in the sport was on the wane..A top class rider for Reading, Hackney,Oxford geniune world class he retired far to early.Along  with Harrefeldt,  Eide, Holta he has to be in the top four Norwegian's i  had the pleasure to see ride.

Edited by Sidney the robin

36 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I could never understand why Dag was not suited to the White City track maybe his interest in the sport was on the wane..A top class rider for Reading, Hackney,Oxford geniune world class he retired far to early.Along  with Harrefeldt,  Eide, Holta he has to be in the top four Norwegian's i  had the pleasure to see ride.

Edgar Stangeland?

34 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

He stayed loyal to the JAP engine and it didn't suit Wood Lane and he was badly effected by a crash he had with Trevor Hedge...personally Sid I think after getting his dream wish joining Oxford he felt dis-heartened having to up-sticks again. However I will always remember him scoring an immaculate 15 point maximun at Swindon in atrocious conditions during the Mike Keen Testimonial Meeting in 1976.

Looks like my fishing days are up the spout!

4 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Looks like my fishing days are up the spout!

That’s your one bit of exercise a day, pulling the fish out of the river!

53 minutes ago, Sotonian said:

She doesn't do online. She has just learnt to text though so there is hope.

You do....so over the next 3 weeks you can provide some training!

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

That’s your one bit of exercise a day, pulling the fish out of the river!

Hmmm! Now that's a thought!

7 hours ago, DC2 said:

Edgar Stangeland?

Personally i would have Edgar Stangeland , Odd Fossengen, Lars Gunnestad, Oyvind Berg, in a group behind the four named.

7 hours ago, steve roberts said:

He stayed loyal to the JAP engine and it didn't suit Wood Lane and he was badly effected by a crash he had with Trevor Hedge...personally Sid I think after getting his dream wish joining Oxford he felt dis-heartened having to up-sticks again. However I will always remember him scoring an immaculate 15 point maximun at Swindon in atrocious conditions during the Mike Keen Testimonial Meeting in 1976.

I was there for his 15 point maximum at the  Keener testimonial meeting, how that meeting took place is beyond me it hammered down all day

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Personally i would have Edgar Stangeland , Odd Fossengen, Lars Gunnestad, Oyvind Berg, in a group behind the four named.

Oyvind was a favourite of mine when he rode for Oxford in 1972. I also saw the last race Odd Fossegen rode at Cowley (1974) when he received a very badly broken leg after a first bend coming together.

Just now, steve roberts said:

Oyvind was a favourite of mine when he rode for Oxford in 1972. I also saw the last race Odd Fossegen rode at Cowley (1974) when he received a very badly broken leg after a first bend coming together.

Very underrated was Oyvind  i often think he gets forgotten  he was very popular at Oxford along with the likes of Pander, Genz, Mckinlay, Timmo, Strachan( etc).