British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mags4dorset

What is it that you are doing to keep yourself safe while we amidst COVID-19

56 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Bit of a dilemma for me. The spot I was hoping to go to for a bit of bird watching is in the next county and they have banned 'tourists'....so I don't know if me travelling over the border for a few hours counts as being a tourist. Did see one woman on FB ranting about day tourists though. The thing is, as I said before, I would just be in my car and have no contact with anyone. Whereas if I just go round by foot in my local area I have the problem of people coming up to me and talking to me, just like yesterday. An old guy who didn't look too healthy with his runny nose came up and asked if I had seen anything interesting and then carried on talking.........which normally annoys me anyway. Often I am stalking a bird trying to get a better look and then lose track f where it is. Or like the woman who came along with her dog when I had spent abut 20 minutes getting close to a kingfisher and she said quite loud 'i'm coming past.....oh,that was a kingfisher !' as it flew off . I really could have killed her

Oh do not get me started with those people. A few times I have had people come up asking what have I seen and it seems to turn into a game of trumps as they start going off a long list of birds!

• Like 2

Went fishing today...brilliant!

• Like 2

I’ve been mountain biking for the last 7 weeks, something I have noticed while out is I’m not alone by a very long way, the canal tow paths are full of bikers, walkers and fishermen and I’ve been working delivering around the country and in parts of London you would be hard pressed to know there was a lockdown on 

Speaking personally vulnerable and elderly relatives depend on me so, social distancing permitting, I need to go out regardless though I'm self-limiting this to every few days or so.  When I am out and about every time I make like a Berwick fan, wearing a Bandit-style mask plus surgical gloves.  Stay safe people....

• Like 1