British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tigerowl

Isolation - offer of help.

Hi everyone - Matt Jackson from the Speedway Researcher here.

I know these are difficult times for everyone and there is no speedway to take people's minds off things. I am also aware that a lot of Speedway historians are of 'advancing years' and might be stuck in the house with not much to do, hence my offer that I will also post on the Researcher website on the next update.

I have recently retired and have also got a bit more time on my hands which I will try and use up by updating the Researcher as often as I can.

However, if anyone is interested, I am offering to help anyone with any projects that they have where they might be missing some information.

I am thinking about heat details, match reports, race times, averages, rider profiles - that sort of thing.

As well as the stuff that is on the Researcher site, I have at least one magazine covering every week from 1946 onwards and loads of pre-war stuff. 

I also have a record of every rider who I can find to have ridden in a meeting in the UK from 1928-46 inclusive, and everyone who has ridden a league or cup match since then. I am expanding this database to try and include all official meetings year by year as I go forward.

If anyone wants any specific information about a rider, meeting, team or event, I am willing to help. I obviously won't have everything but I should be able to help with most enquiries.

I hope that this will help to relieve the boredom for people until life returns to some sort of normality.

The best contact is by email which is mattjackson68@btinternet.com

Matt

• Like 8

Thank you Matt-that is very thoughtful of you. I think you helped me some years ago by providing me with Riders Averages in the Provincial League of 1960-64 (still my favourite all -time league for entertainment value) Cheers mate-and everybody keep well over there.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 4:11 PM, Bavarian said:

... and here is the link to the Speedway Researcher website http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/

I really enjoyed looking through the results from the 60's and saying to myself, "I was there, I was there, I was   ....."

Edited by Split
Addition

2 hours ago, Split said:

I really enjoyed looking through the results from the 60's and saying to myself, "I was there, I was there, I was   ....."

Funny, I look at a lot of the old videos on YouTube, and do that!

You know, a lot of us really put ourselves about back in the day, didn't we?