British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayPortal

Isle of Wight 'Wightlink Warriors' Historic Footage

Join us for another Historic Premier Meeting Stream on Thursday 29th October 2020 at 7pm which features the Isle of Wight 'Wightlink Warriors' in action against the Plymouth 'Devils' in their 2018 National League encounter at Smallbrook Stadium on the Island.

• Thanks 1

Our Warriors Historic Premier Meeting Streams continue on Thursday 5th November 2020 at 7pm which features the Isle of Wight 'Wightlink Warriors' in action against the Birmingham 'Brummies' in their 2018 National League encounter at Smallbrook Stadium on the Island.

Why not join us in the live chat room during the stream, and if you enjoy our videos please consider subscribing to our YouTube channel and hitting the like button below the video, thanks guys.

Edited by SpeedwayPortal

Our next premiere stream starts at 7pm on Thursday 12th November 2020 featuring the Isle of Wight 'Wightlink Warriors' against the Kent 'Kings' in their 2018 National League encounter at Smallbrook Stadium on the Island.

Why not join us in the live chat room during the stream, and if you enjoy our videos please consider subscribing to our YouTube channel and hitting the like button below the video, thanks guys.

I watched the meeting against Birmingham this evening. Excellent coverage and great to see Danny Ayres in action. I keep hoping you will show the Belle Vue Colts match from August 2019 as I was present that evening when I met Danny for sadly the only time. 

19 hours ago, Chris116 said:

I watched the meeting against Birmingham this evening. Excellent coverage and great to see Danny Ayres in action. I keep hoping you will show the Belle Vue Colts match from August 2019 as I was present that evening when I met Danny for sadly the only time. 

Danny truly was a great guy.  Always stopped, made his way over to shake my hand and always had time to stop and chat before and after meetings etc, and not always for the camera either.  Very much missed greatly.  Regarding the 2019 Belle Vue meeting Chris, it is scheduled, but not for a short while.  We are continuing with the remainder of the 2018 season, and will look to either run with the remaining 2019 season meetings at that point or go back to 2017.  Either way, it will be shown.  Thanks for your continued support Chris. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpeedwayPortal said:

Danny truly was a great guy.  Always stopped, made his way over to shake my hand and always had time to stop and chat before and after meetings etc, and not always for the camera either.  Very much missed greatly.  Regarding the 2019 Belle Vue meeting Chris, it is scheduled, but not for a short while.  We are continuing with the remainder of the 2018 season, and will look to either run with the remaining 2019 season meetings at that point or go back to 2017.  Either way, it will be shown.  Thanks for your continued support Chris. 

Maybe it would be possible for either just you or a combined effort by people who video meetings around the country to compile a programme of races with Danny in. He was such a showman I am sure it would be popular and could maybe raise some funds for Danny's family who I am sure would also welcome the video as a memory of Danny at his best.

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Maybe it would be possible for either just you or a combined effort by people who video meetings around the country to compile a programme of races with Danny in. He was such a showman I am sure it would be popular and could maybe raise some funds for Danny's family who I am sure would also welcome the video as a memory of Danny at his best.

ReRun Productions put together a double DVD which is still available to buy called 'Danny Ayres - The Showman' with all proceeds going to Danny's Family.  It is really a great tribute to Danny, and includes some footage from the Island along with some other companies footage as well.  I also believe this is now available to buy as a stream from ReRun Productions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More historic racing coming up this week as we revisit the 2018 Cobra's Garage Mahal's 'Slide in Ryde' Best Pairs event.  Premiering at 7pm on Thursday 19th November, 6 pairs of riders, 18 heats of action.  Don't miss it.

2018 National League racing streams resume at 7pm on Thursday 26th November with the Warriors vs Potters meeting at Smallbrook.

21 Heats of awesome speedway action is planned for Thursday 3rd December @ 7pm as we Premiere the Isle of Wight's Handicap Individual Round 2 meeting held at Smallbrook on 07/08/2018.  With 4 riders starting from the gate, 4 riders 15 metres back and 4 riders 30 metres back this was one of the most thrilling meetings to be held on the Island to date.  Featuring riders such as Ellis Perks, Alfie Bowtell and Ben Morley, with passing in every heat.

PLUS

Wightlink Wizards vs Weymouth Wildcats SDL meeting interspersed into the main meeting!  Don't Miss it.

• Thanks 1

Our next up coming Premiere stream is again on a Tuesday, 29th December @ 7pm and completes the seasons streams with the final meeting held on the Island in 2018,  The Wightlink September Showdown.  With two Warriors sides going head to head each under the direction of Warriors promoters Martin & Barry, and the Wizards riders also racing against each other as well plus the long awaited match race Barry Bishop vs Shaun Tedham this is one not to miss.  And of course, all the final meeting interviews, fun and games on the centre green to conclude the season.