British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayPortal

Isle of Wight 'Wightlink Warriors' Historic Footage

With the 2020 season delay, we are sure many Warriors and indeed speedway fans around the world are missing their weekly fix of speedway action. So, starting today, every 3 days we will release historic footage from the Warriors which you can watch, for free. We will commence right at the beginning, and work though our journey one meeting at a time until we are all back racing again and enjoying our sport.

Edited by SpeedwayPortal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My thanks to both Isle Of Wight and Edinburgh for the videos they are showing while there is no live speedway. Also looking forward to the double header from Eastbourne tomorrow. I have no doubt that other teams are also doing this but those are the three I know about and they deserve our grateful thanks for their efforts. I wonder how many away wins will feature????

• Like 1

Hi Chris, thanks for your support for the Warriors and our footage.  As for away wins?  Well, when making the decision to put the meeting footage up, we wanted to relive the Warriors journey so far, highs and the lows, in order and without prejudice.  Already we have seen an away win in one of the videos already available in fact.

Even when the Warriors haven't been able to reach the scores needed for a win on the night, its clear their efforts were/are always valued, along with all of the Warriors off track team, supporters, helpers and indeed sponsors.

So by putting these meetings up and reliving the journey, the highs and the lows, we hope will convey the Warrior Way, something that Speedway Portal are very proud to have been apart of from the start, and continue to be today.

Andy 

• Like 4

Very interesting interview with Martin Widman today, thank you to SpeedwayPortal for bringing so much of interest to us at the moment.

• Like 2

Tonight's meeting stream is dedicated to Bill Slaughter, a great friend to Isle of Wight Speedway who sadly passed away on 16/04/2020.

Edited by SpeedwayPortal
  • Like 1