British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayPortal

Isle of Wight 'Wightlink Warriors' Historic Footage

The Island's home meeting stream Premieres continues next week with the first filmed meeting of the 2019 season, GB Under 21 Semi Final.  Until then, here is some footage from their press & practise day to reintroduce the Warriors & Wizards 2019 riders.

Our next meeting stream from the 2019 season is now live to view.  The 3TT Solent Challenge meeting from the Island was filmed, but not edited and produced.  We have managed to compile all of the off track footage, some highlights and 3 of the heats from the meeting. 

I was busy on Thursday evening when my regular fix of Island Speedway was on but saw the meeting this morning. Very good coverage of an excellent meeting. Many thanks to those at Smallbrook who make this all possible.

Thank you for another great video that shows just how much the Warriors will be missed in 2021. I hope things can be sorted out for 2022 so that we can enjoy action like this once again.

• Like 2

FEEDBACK FEEDBACK FEEDBACK

We have received many messages, emails and letters over the years and here is one of the latest. We are always proud to receive them and this one says exactly what we are all about - what our club stands for.

I share this with you today as it is addressed to us all but also highlights the brilliant work of Andy Hague (a true unsung hero of the club) along with Ken Burnett and Ian Groves who one way or another produced such great work that has kept speedway fans across the world entertained while showcasing our club and the Isle of Wight.

This email truly highlights Andy’s selfless work to continue to push the sport of speedway out there at the most difficult of time and he must be congratulated for his unrivalled determination to keep our club, speedway and Speedway Portal keeping all speedway fans entertained, every week, without fail. So Andy from Martin Widman and I - thank you Sir.

Everyone have a read and be very proud....

To
All of you lovely people at Warriors Speedway,

We are so sorry that there will be no competitive speedway on the island this year.

Since lockdown my wife & I have lost both our Mums (one to Covid) & have been unable to travel to our favourite sport.

Yet on a weekly basis Isle of Wight speedway have provided us with our weekly `fix` of speedway action.

This has been most uplifting to both of us & has helped us to combat ours loses. And taken us away to the Island for an hour or so.
To this extent we both feel part of your crowd base. And were actually hoping to take in a meeting or two after deciding to take a holiday on the Island once the lockdown is lifted.

I have already inked in my diary thursday`s your 2019 match with Mildenhall on Youtube.
Hopefully, you will be in a position to run our fantastic sport in 2022.

Thank you to everyone involved in providing their time & energy to always put on great show of entertainment every week.

Isle of Wight Speedway have done the most of ALL the clubs during lockdown to keep British Speedway, our wonderful sport in the forefront of our minds.

We feel so sad for all those supporters who will miss out this season.

Our local track Swindon are also not running but we are in a location where we can visit other tracks with reasonable ease.

To you all we say "Thank you, take care & stay safe"
Kind regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2