British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Lambert to comeback stronger.?

14 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Are Drabik, Kubera much  better than Robert  ??? maybe Drabik  Smektala is the only rider around his age that i would say is better and even then that is marginal.Doyle as Ben 91 eludes to is a fine example if you progress whatever age or whatever stage of your career you are at you will get a place in Poland i believe Robert will do that in the future he is to good not to.

Drabik and Smektala only marginal better than Lambert, you must have been watching different racing to me last year in Poland. Look at the average of both riders mentioned compared to Lambert's facts don't lie

33 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Drabik and Smektala only marginal better than Lambert, you must have been watching different racing to me last year in Poland. Look at the average of both riders mentioned compared to Lambert's facts don't lie

Sidney doesn't care about things like averages, Drabik, Smektala, Chugunov and Kubera are all ahead the first three are a decent way ahead based on last year 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Sidney doesn't care about things like averages, Drabik, Smektala, Chugunov and Kubera are all ahead the first three are a decent way ahead based on last year 

But Lambert is a great bike handler for his age (much better than Doyle at that age) and Sidney can see that and I agree.

With a bit more physical and mental application and money for equipment Lambert could be a world champion at some point.

At the moment he’s a bit like Tai Woffinden in his first GP year.

I’m guessing that he has less financial backing than Drabik and Smektala?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

Missile bikes? you must have one hell of a lot of knowledge regarding polish riders. I for one do a lot of polish league meetings, I must of under estimated your knowledge of polish riders. I will give you an example, last night I had an in-depth conversation with Peter Johns who I have a new engine to pick up for Drew Kemp. I explained to him that Drew is looking to break in to the lower division of Poland in the next couple of years if progression continues. I talked to PJR regarding a new polish engine, he explained in detail ALL HIS ENGINES are of GP standard and no need for a special engine for Poland, I admire his honestly of not trying to get money out of me for another engine. The new engine was only £5200.00 + VAT how cheap is that in modern day motor sports! so I await you reply regarding poles on missile bikes

Calm down dear! And remove that chip from your shoulder while you’re at it. 

Young Polish riders have always had the best kit, that’s just the way it is and stands to reason with the finances that speedway over there has, the best ones are heavily subsidised by the clubs/authorities and U21 success is demanded. That’s said without bitterness or jealousy, it’s just how it works. 

As said we’ll see over the next five, ten, fifteen years who turns out to be the best of the current crop. As things stand U21 results and averages don’t lie but everyone knows what a tough year Robert had and that has to be a factor. Pretty sure he will come back stronger. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Who really knows where or how far our young riders can go.

The two stand out riders are Lambert and Bewley.

Lambert has some decent experience of riding abroad something that young riders need to experience as much as they can possible get and I can see him getting in or getting close to GP place.

Bewley has a riding style that suits the foreign tracks and I can see him kicking on and challenging for a GP place.   

But a lot will come down to finance, how much the rider really wants it and how dedicated they are, the latter two are only the riders themselves know.  

So Bewley and Lambert  but what about non Brits currently riding in the UK who could make the GPs slightly off topic but keeps it going 

9 hours ago, sommelier said:

9 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Are you Stevie Wonder in disguise, ???? av a look at the under 21s at the Vue Lambert was miles ahead of anyone on that day.Smektala had to ride his balls off to beat him( Smektala i rate will be a gp  rider).  Kubera and Chugonov  are no more in front of Lambert get your head out your ass Phillipsr you have always knocked me  piped up  on a regular basis over Josh Auty .This topic you have no idea Chugunov,Kubera are hopefuls for the series in the future no more than  Lambert or Drabik.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sommelier said:

I have watched all the riders progress BUT i stick to my convictions unlike you.I don't swop and change and change my view within a year or so, Drabik  is NOT a fully fiedged GP rider he should be. But the FACTS say he isn't,  Kubera is decent but for me he is not going to be the next Gollob 

14 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I have watched all the riders progress BUT i stick to my convictions unlike you.I don't swop and change and change my view within a year or so, Drabik  is NOT a fully fiedged GP rider he should be. But the FACTS say he isn't,  Kubera is decent but for me he is not going to be the next Gollob 

Sweden                                 Poland

Drabik  7.88                             8.54 *

Smektala 7.46                        7.44 *

Lambert 7.02                         4.91                          

Kubera 6.29                            6.14 *

* all 3 riders did have an easier heat 2

All i would add is that Lambert can be a top rider but needs to look himself in the mirror and change certain aspects of his professional career. 

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Sweden                                 Poland

Drabik  7.88                             8.54 *

Smektala 7.46                        7.44 *

Lambert 7.02                         4.91                          

Kubera 6.29                            6.14 *

* all 3 riders did have an easier heat 2

All i would add is that Lambert can be a top rider but needs to look himself in the mirror and change certain aspects of his professional career. 

Maybe!!!!!!    but we should not be judge or jury, he is still a young man who ability wise should never be written off.

53 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Sid, you change your opinion within one post !!!! But I hope Lambert makes good progress whenever racing gets going again 

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Maybe!!!!!!    but we should not be judge or jury, he is still a young man who ability wise should never be written off.

You asked for people opinions then cant handle it when there different to yours... you really are an idiot

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

You asked for people opinions then cant handle it when there different to yours... you really are an idiot

Really you would disagree with me whatever i said , you are a plank of the highest order.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Sid, you change your opinion within one post !!!! But I hope Lambert makes good progress whenever racing gets going again 

I haven't concerning Lambert, not like Sommelier who changes his mind like the weather.