British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Speedway books and magazine

Many thanks

On 3/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, gustix said:

I have many speedway books stacked in the spare room. I haven't read most of them and doubt I ever will. All they are doing is gathering dust.

That's a lot of help thanks :blink:

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, chunky said:

So you DO have a couple of speedway books by the BSPA Chairman Mao?

Chairman Buster Mao made only one comment when the book was ghosted.

"My Way or The Highway"

with the instruction, put it at the top of every page!

I enjoyed the Barry Thomas book very much, along with  the Michael Lee, Booey, Simmo,Tommy, Kenny, Kilb great  books. Great  reading you can't put them down once you start.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

I enjoyed the Barry Thomas book very much, along with  the Michael Lee, Booey, Simmo,Tommy, Kenny, Kilb great  books. Great  reading you can't put them down once you start.

I'm trying to locate Barry's book...I have all the others you've mentioned including a few others.

12 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I'm trying to locate Barry's book...I have all the others you've mentioned including a few others.

Get it Steve you could will enjoy it, having watched more racing in the capital than me it should be made for you.Thommo was an unsung hero for me and along with Sampson, Rumsey, Cartwright, Perks, Jackson were terrific value over a long period.

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Get it Steve you could will enjoy it, having watched more racing in the capital than me it should be made for you.Thommo was an unsung hero for me and along with Sampson, Rumsey, Cartwright, Perks, Jackson were terrific value over a long period.

Again some great names there Sid...Mike Sampson one of my favourites and Dave Perks was so stylish when he rode for Oxford and was almost unbeatable in 1980 before injury interupted his season.

Edited by steve roberts

For any stat geeks out there. The second edition of the Speedway yearbook 2020 is available for pre-order + a little gift for preorders before Feb 20.
Read more about it, follow the link below. www.speedwayabc.com
Check out what Peter Oakes had to say about the first edition in June 20 issue of the SS

Free_Book_Mockup_diff12.jpg

Edited by kraftwerk

Cribby's Storybook  a good read .... and ALL profits go to permanently injured UK riders via the Ben Fund. Bruce has reduced it from £12 to £10 and is available through CURTIS SPORTS