British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sotonian

One Day World Final?

With the odds of speedway not returning until late in the season, there seems little prospect of a GP series. 

So, could this year's champion, if there is to be one, be decided by an old-school one-off final? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sotonian said:

With the odds of speedway not returning until late in the season, there seems little prospect of a GP series. 

So, could this year's champion, if there is to be one, be decided by an old-school one-off final? 

Would not surprise me to see just  4 GP`s at the end of the season to decide the championships

Wroclaw Friday October 2nd

Torun Saturday October 3rd

Warsaw Sunday October 4th

Cardiff Sunday October 11th

Edited by racers and royals

Sounds great with me, got my Torun tickets already. 

Good news: Will be first SpeedwayGP, and taking teenage son for his birthday. 

Bad news: Very unlikely to happen.

Probably plan on the big trip to Europe in 2022 and should all be good. This mess is not going away soon, and the skies and free travel won't recommence until mid next year at the earliest. 

I think the ball games will take precedence if ANY sport takes place at the Principality Stadium in 2020.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Would not surprise me to see just  4 GP`s at the end of the season to decide the championships

REVISED calendar tomorrow I believe ... although, of course, nothing is certain at this stage

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

That would be fantastic if it was to happen.

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

That would be fantastic if it was to happen.

THREE in four days will never happen ... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

REVISED calendar tomorrow I believe ... although, of course, nothing is certain at this stage

Only 3 GP's before July 18th at Cardiff which gives almost 4 months.    Warsaw already moved to August 8th so maybe just the two in Prague and Germany to find a slot.     Or cancel.   

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

A GP weekend sounds good on paper but won't work.   There must be thousands of people with flights and hotels booked for the original 4 dates.

If speedway is back running, which means international travel is permitted, refunds on those original 4 dates would not be paid.  It would turn more people off the sport at a time when it needs everyone to unite.

Edited by Mark

With Warsaw set for 8th August, would this be still the first round? Germany and Prague surely have to find new dates.

1 hour ago, james1234 said:

With Warsaw set for 8th August, would this be still the first round? Germany and Prague surely have to find new dates.

Try reading the posts above this one.   But unlikely unless the virus problems are still with us after July 1st.    Find out tomorrowWarsaw first would mean moving Cardiff, Sweden and Wroclaw.

Edited by Mark

On 3/24/2020 at 12:33 PM, 2ndBender said:

I think the ball games will take precedence if ANY sport takes place at the Principality Stadium in 2020.

Lets hope so.  That place has already done enough damage to British Speedway