British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sotonian

One Day World Final?

17 minutes ago, Rocket87 said:

If Belle Vue was added to the list, I can guarantee the numbers trotting off the Cardiff would drop massively.  

That's brilliant business, more companies should try this!

Let's introduce a lower selling product to kill of our biggest seller ...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Would think the odds of the British GP going ahead are low. Motorsport UK has banned events until 30 June, and whilst the ACU is yet to follow suit, other countries have already stopped motorsport well into July.

The problem is the uncertainty of committing to a large event with all the logistical arrangements and staffing that will be necessary, plus getting the track prepared. Organisers need to cut their losses well in advance. 

Not too hard to workout that there will be no big sporting events round the world this year

15 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

Not too hard to workout that there will be no big sporting events round the world this year

There will be in the USA ...

16 hours ago, Blupanther said:

There will be in the USA ...

Trump say's he will open the stadiums gradually....first empty, then with maybe two seats space between everybody....

In Germany the horse racing fraternity are hoping to start in May with no spectators. Of course mostly paid for by betting anyway. Even my local trotting track, you get in free for most meetings.....football might start up again without spectators here

• Like 1

Don't think Belle Vue is on a par with some of the Polish Tracks. There are some exceptional races there but many is who gets the dirt line first and very spaced out Racing.

There is a space in our sport for that type of sit on the dirt and just screw the throttle on, just as there are for some of the more technical throttle control tracks like Cardiff and plenty in between.

I've turned off matches at BV as just down to horsepower and turned off Cardiff as too rutted.

Of all the tracks I went to in 2019 the new Swindon shape is exceptional and will provide even better racing when it matures and Glasgow is also now excellent track and hopefully Berwich being similarly widened can provide some great action. CL wise the 4's at Peterborough and Pairs at Somerset were as good quality as BV. 

26 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Trump say's he will open the stadiums gradually....first empty, then with maybe two seats space between everybody....

In Germany the horse racing fraternity are hoping to start in May with no spectators. Of course mostly paid for by betting anyway. Even my local trotting track, you get in free for most meetings.....football might start up again without spectators here

The USPGA are intending to start up in June with the first four tournaments played without spectators. Some live sport on TV would be nice, even golf :D

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2020 at 6:29 PM, Rocket87 said:

If Belle Vue was added to the list, I can guarantee the numbers trotting off the Cardiff would drop massively.  

How do I block this users posts obviously just a sad troll trying to get reactions,id rather just not see the posts rather then bite.. :) fia

Edited by teaboy279
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, HGould said:

Don't think Belle Vue is on a par with some of the Polish Tracks. There are some exceptional races there but many is who gets the dirt line first and very spaced out Racing.

There is plenty of that in Poland too of course. I think Belle Vue is on a par with anywhere in the world and a meeting with plenty of top riders like a GP would bring the very best out of it. 

Agree about P’boro and Somerset, they can be excellent too and no coincidence that these three tracks have wide sweeping bends and reasonably short straights. 

• Like 1

BVue is one of the top 5 tracks in the world in my opinion.

I doubt it will ever be a World GP track due to low number of spectators there could be even with temporary stands on 3/4 bend.

However, if riders could travel and race with no spectators I think BVue would be a great venue as racing would be superb, but there would be no hugh empty stands in camera view. Income would have come from pay as you view, and that could make a lot.

• Like 1

Well, 2019 Czech GP announced for Sept 19.  Certainly hope its not a one day world championship this year.

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Well, 2019 Czech GP announced for Sept 19.  Certainly hope its not a one day world championship this year.

wont happen

On 4/17/2020 at 1:32 PM, Blupanther said:

The USPGA are intending to start up in June with the first four tournaments played without spectators. Some live sport on TV would be nice, even golf :D

LIVE golf this Sunday at 7pm Sky Sports ... McIlroy and Dustin Johnson versus Fowler and Wolffe at a hidden gem of a golf course... Seminole in south east Florida

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

LIVE golf this Sunday at 7pm Sky Sports ... McIlroy and Dustin Johnson versus Fowler and Wolffe at a hidden gem of a golf course... Seminole in south east Florida

Looking forward to it Philip, toffee popcorn is already on standby. :)

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

This highlights the big problem with a one off final.   Run it at a really rubbish race track and we get the 'Best Gater' in the world.    Pointless.

24 minutes ago, Mark said:

This highlights the big problem with a one off final.   Run it at a really rubbish race track and we get the 'Best Gater' in the world.    Pointless.

The problem is not with one off world finals - the problem is if the powers that decide which track choose an inadequate one for good racing.

A one off world final on a proper race track would provide some tremendous racing IMO.