British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sotonian

One Day World Final?

53 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I cant agree with you that its just an Open Meeting. Those riders in this year GP either battled it our through last years GPs, fought the way through the GP Challenge series, or impressed a selection committee in some other way from their riding last year. So they are there on merit.                                                                                                       

And, IMO, whoever wins will be the 2020 World Champion.

Agree. But I hope they use the classic 20 heat format  or alternatively (perhaps even preferably) points from semi finals and final are added to the score, rider with the most points wins. 

A one-day World Final - what an excellent idea

World Champion crowned on the day

Why has that never been thought of before?

Let’s go for it

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/13/2020 at 11:39 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

LIVE golf this Sunday at 7pm Sky Sports ... McIlroy and Dustin Johnson versus Fowler and Wolffe at a hidden gem of a golf course... Seminole in south east Florida

Live Charity match tomorrow 24th  Mickelsen and  Tom Brady(NFL) V Woods and Peyton Manning (NFL) It`s on CNN (SKY 506) at 8pm

49 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Live Charity match tomorrow 24th  Mickelsen and  Tom Brady(NFL) V Woods and Peyton Manning (NFL) It`s on CNN (SKY 506) at 8pm

THANKS Tim, didn't know that. 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Will Brady and Manning be throwing the ball instead of hitting it ?

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Are they riding bikes or have I dropped into a golf chat line ?   :D

Manchester easily the best uk race track, so many lines, always deliver great racing. Cardiff ( people say close racing) well as it's the size of a large roundabout it would be!! Huge advantage off gate 1, check the stats. Day trippers may live cardiff, speedway fans would prefer manchester, and the great GP at coventry. If people like "comfort" of a seat, you welcome to it, for people who like to stand have a different viewpoint. If you like hype, loud music enjoy cardiff, if you like the actual product, I'd say manchester every day of the week. 

On 6/8/2020 at 4:14 PM, ColinMills said:

Manchester easily the best uk race track, so many lines, always deliver great racing. Cardiff ( people say close racing) well as it's the size of a large roundabout it would be!! Huge advantage off gate 1, check the stats. Day trippers may live cardiff, speedway fans would prefer manchester, and the great GP at coventry. If people like "comfort" of a seat, you welcome to it, for people who like to stand have a different viewpoint. If you like hype, loud music enjoy cardiff, if you like the actual product, I'd say manchester every day of the week. 

Each to their own of course but I like Cardiff, it has provided some great action.  Manchester did provide good racing for the World Cup a few years ago when I was there but the seating/toilets/catering/weather exposure and public transport made it a much less enjoyable experience.  I also like to see speedway around different tracks for variety of size, surface and results.  If they were all 400m wide ovals I would get bored quite quickly.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Thanks 1