British Speedway Forum
Danny Connor

The random Speedway heat thread (no spoilers)!

6 minutes ago, Grachan said:

So maybe debateable (looked to me like Chlinovski's fault - another Penhall/Carter perhaps!), but far from a terrible decision to exclude Chlinovski.

I have the video of this meeting somewhere, and Dave Lanning's commentary on it seems confused too and he starts banging on about pro-Polish decisions. Yet he, himself, says that Chlinovski rode Plech into the terracing.

If the referee deemed Plech to be innocent, then the decision to give the heat to Collins actually went against Plech, so I don't see why everyone was saying he was pro-Poland.

One thing that was amusing in the Wiki page was that eye-witness accounts said it was Plech's own fault. You don't say!

Certainly the piece about long believed that referee Traunspurger 'was himself Polish' comes across a bit strange....by whom?

Just now, iris123 said:

Certainly the piece about long believed that referee Traunspurger 'was himself Polish' comes across a bit strange....by whom?

Also, a direct quote from Lanning: ""It seems to me that the authorities here in Katowice are making up the rules to suit themselves to get their boys a world title."

Yet he's just refused Plech the chance of a re-run.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Utterly brilliant! Speedway at its best!

• Like 1

Best thread on the BSF in my opinion with all this doom and gloom surrounding us! Keep them coming!

• Like 1

Of course one of the very best is that Joe Screen Polish league one where he squeezes through a gap that isn't really there to win the league for his team, I think

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Of course one of the very best is that Joe Screen Polish league one where he squeezes through a gap that isn't really there to win the league for his team, I think

Any chance sourcing it?

I think it was Piotr Swist and Billy Hamill team riding him out until he dived between them going into 3rd bend last lap, brilliant if someone could post if

• Like 1

Maybe this one.  For those watching in black and white, Joe Screen is in the blue helmet. 

Edited by Mr Ore
error
  • Like 6

That's the one. Amazing piece of riding by any standards 

Have volume up as high as possible (11 maybe; #Spinal Tap) and listen to the crowd. 

Hamill and Swisty hardly put a foot wrong and must have thought they had it in the bag......then Screen came through

54 minutes ago, Mr Ore said:

Maybe this one.  For those watching in black and white, Joe Screen is in the red helmet. 

Brilliant!