British Speedway Forum
Danny Connor

The random Speedway heat thread (no spoilers)!

12 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I do recall one of the great races at Wood Lane...against King's Lynn early in 1977 when on the last lap Kai Niemi rode round Terry Betts on the second bend and under Michael Lee going into the third bend (or it may have been the other way round) to complete a 12point maximum! However I have lots of memories of White City and wouldn't have changed it for the world thanks to an equally enthusiastic father. Between 1976 and 1978 got to witness the best of both worlds. British League speedway at White City and National League at Oxford plus visits to Swindon cheering on the oppostion!

Great days!

Niemi was a very underrated rider, i  remember Gordon  and Kai scoring 40 pts out of a total of 46 for Eastbourne in 1980 Gordon ( 21,) Kai (19.)

54 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Niemi was a very underrated rider, i  remember Gordon  and Kai scoring 40 pts out of a total of 46 for Eastbourne in 1980 Gordon ( 21,) Kai (19.)

I was there Sid...and Eastbourne still lost!

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

I was there Sid...and Eastbourne still lost!

Infact, if I remember, didn't Bob Kilby make some comment about Niemi's engine?

6 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Brilliant stuff again.

6 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Fabulous racing...but the commentary drives me mad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Such a trick track, it was voted Track of the Year again!  Wide with many lines and so much passing, pity the recognised Homer's tracks are not as forgiving.Open all year for Amateurs and for practise It caters for all riders from World Champions to beginners.;)

• Like 3