British Speedway Forum
Danny Connor

The random Speedway heat thread (no spoilers)!

58 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Brilliant!

Here is the all colour version:

• Like 8

I'm the first to admit that there is a lot of dull stuff but when one witneses a race of the calibre one has seen on this thread it emphasises that there is no sport like speedway when conditions are right...whatever the era.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I'm the first to admit that there is a lot of dull stuff but when one witneses a race of the calibre one has seen on this thread it emphasises that there is no sport like speedway when conditions are right...whatever the era.

That's it, it's why we are all here, flippin' brilliant sport :party:.  When the conditions are right :D........

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Just a pity so much has been lost or not filmed. Looked for something special from the likes of Peter Craven and it is hard. Bit of film from a world final he won(year after Ronnie Moore) and the commentator is saying what a great meeting it is, but the actual racing shown is fairly boring,sadly

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Just a pity so much has been lost or not filmed. Looked for something special from the likes of Peter Craven and it is hard. Bit of film from a world final he won(year after Ronnie Moore) and the commentator is saying what a great meeting it is, but the actual racing shown is fairly boring,sadly

Decent footage of World Finals prior to 1972 seems very hard to come by. Mainly just Pathe News reports or similar.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Decent footage of World Finals prior to 1972 seems very hard to come by. Mainly just Pathe News reports or similar.

Bet they were all filmed and cut for Pathe etc and most probably the full meeting footage has gone now. Would be nice to think some great footage is yet to be re-discovered

Just now, iris123 said:

Bet they were all filmed and cut for Pathe etc and most probably the full meeting footage has gone now. Would be nice to think some great footage is yet to be re-discovered

One can but hope. All you normally get is a few random starts, a couple of race finishes and someone falling off!

18 hours ago, lastword said:

Here is the all colour version:

Wow!

... but what did he call him at the 19 second mark? :rofl:

• Haha 1

Outrageous!

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Outrageous!

Fabulous stuff!

1 hour ago, waiheke1 said:

One of the better races i've seen live

Another great race! Shame about his tarnished image but I guess he's not the only one and no doubt the last.

Edited by steve roberts