British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Season Ticket Holders

Thank you Moranboys.  As speedway supporters we already stay away from crowds don't we! :rolleyes: i hope no clubs are forced to close down by the situation

6 hours ago, Moranboys said:

hope you get your refund sorted

We are still waiting for our £20 x 2 money back from Matt for 2018 season!

Rain off or cancellation, can't rightly remember now, however Matt said on the speaker system....Send your door ticket in and you'll get a refund.... yer right.... think my refund has been used to buy a couple of rolls of paper for the Chateau La Brian....

Think I even put a stamped address envelope in...what a mug I am!!

Awaiting a defensive so called smart reply from Clive......

22 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

We are still waiting for our £20 x 2 money back from Matt for 2018 season!

Rain off or cancellation, can't rightly remember now, however Matt said on the speaker system....Send your door ticket in and you'll get a refund.... yer right.... think my refund has been used to buy a couple of rolls of paper for the Chateau La Brian....

Think I even put a stamped address envelope in...what a mug I am!!

Awaiting a defensive so called smart reply from Clive......

Don't worry he'll be back as soon as he removes his head from within Matt's posterior and he spots your post.:D :t:

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 2:24 PM, dantodan said:

What a stupid post!  My season ticket was bought in good faith during December 2019 and I would like it back sometime

Likewise, I bought a season ticket for Berwick in good faith of seeing a full season of racing. At this time I haven't heard of any refund so I suppose the promotion will wait to see what happens and when before making any announcements on refunds or what meetings will be available to season ticket holders.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

De qui ce 'Clive' dont vour parlez?

Pêcheur ?

Wish I knew.  I suppose the promoters will hang on to it as long as possible.  If anyone hears from their promoter re a refund please let us know

20 hours ago, dantodan said:

Wish I knew.  I suppose the promoters will hang on to it as long as possible.  If anyone hears from their promoter re a refund please let us know

My reply from Carl Johnson was that he had sent my request to Accounts Department.  In practice  I would think anybody wanting their money back  will have a long wait. I am owed £480 . I will not starve , but would suggest clubs are morally  and legally  required to give the money back.Significant that no promoter has made any comment on this situation.

Edited by wealdstone

Maybe because they don't know if or when the season will start, and how many matches will take place? As far as I am concerned, they can roll my season ticket over to next year, and I can pay for the few matches which are likely to take place later on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

Maybe because they don't know if or when the season will start, and how many matches will take place? As far as I am concerned, they can roll my season ticket over to next year, and I can pay for the few matches which are likely to take place later on.

That would be the best option  IMHO 

• Like 2

It is my understanding that BSPA have told promoters not to give any money back at present. That of course  seems to have given the green light to adopt the normal Speedway protocol and just ignore requests for refunds. 

On 3/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, screm said:

Likewise, I bought a season ticket for Berwick in good faith of seeing a full season of racing. At this time I haven't heard of any refund so I suppose the promotion will wait to see what happens and when before making any announcements on refunds or what meetings will be available to season ticket holders.

Speedways downfall over the years not being open and honest with people.

Once bitten many fans never forget......

My beef is that they have my money, but have not issued the season ticket, even though it would have been totally useless.