British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Season Ticket Holders

Meanwhile away from present crisis Mr Chapman still has my money, maintains wall of silence and has not even issued the now useless season ticket

9 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Speedways downfall over the years not being open and honest with people.

Once bitten many fans never forget......

This is only the second season I have invested in a season ticket, last year the value was excellent which went along way to tempting me buy again for this season. Obviously the current situation is beyond the control of any promotion, in my case Berwick, but I will certainly be keeping an eye on what is offered on my season ticket which will have a control on my decision over a season ticket for 2021. 

On 4/3/2020 at 9:55 AM, *JJ said:

Maybe because they don't know if or when the season will start, and how many matches will take place? As far as I am concerned, they can roll my season ticket over to next year, and I can pay for the few matches which are likely to take place later on.

That relies on the promotion having the finances to survive into next season. Your rolled over season ticket could turn into a red herring if the Brummies go bust over the winter in the economic downturn that's being predicted to follow the virus.

13 hours ago, wealdstone said:

It is my understanding that BSPA have told promoters not to give any money back at present. That of course  seems to have given the green light to adopt the normal Speedway protocol and just ignore requests for refunds. 

This is interesting. have you got a link please to this BSPA directive? 

Many thanks. 

Hopefully not too may will be demanding their money back. That could be the difference from being here or going bust.

30 minutes ago, Mr Ore said:

Many thanks. 

I have not got a link  but was told this by someone in the know. Unwilling to name names

16 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I have not got a link  but was told this by someone in the know. Unwilling to name names

Thanks, but no help in my own communications then.  I was happy to await formal confirmation from my teams promotion until hearing this interesting snippet  You do hear so many inaccurate comments about the BSPA on this forum though, that I needed to be sure of the facts, before committing to direct communications, so confirmation of this would really have helped. 

1 hour ago, Mr Ore said:

Thanks, but no help in my own communications then.  I was happy to await formal confirmation from my teams promotion until hearing this interesting snippet  You do hear so many inaccurate comments about the BSPA on this forum though, that I needed to be sure of the facts, before committing to direct communications, so confirmation of this would really have helped. 

Sorry no help to you ,but 100% accurate

15 hours ago, uk_martin said:

That relies on the promotion having the finances to survive into next season. Your rolled over season ticket could turn into a red herring if the Brummies go bust over the winter in the economic downturn that's being predicted to follow the virus.

Have you any reason to believe that the Brummies will go bust? The season ticket is not likely to be much use this season, as there is likely to be fewer matches than originally planned. Or is this the usual BSF negativity?

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 7:34 PM, Mr Ore said:

Many thanks. 

Comments from various CL Promotions on their websites, social media and Speedway Star indicates either no such directive from BSPA or some Clubs ignoring it. Most likely no such BSPA directive.

Kent - Len said weeks ago he will refund all season Tickets, no messing refunding all.

Redcar - announced they will wait and refund on a pro rata basis once more known re Fixtures but fans can contact them

Eastbourne - said will review in June but anyone wanting refund due to hardship to contact them like Redcar.

Every Club is a separate Company. They are governed by BSPA on Speedway' matters but surely can't be instructed by BSPA on a business decision like this. Those 3 Clubs and probably others certainly aren't listening to alleged BSPA comments

It's between you and your Club!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

Comments from various CL Promotions on their websites, social media and Speedway Star indicates either no such directive from BSPA or some Clubs ignoring it. Most likely no such BSPA directive.

Kent - Len said weeks ago he will refund all season Tickets, no messing refunding all.

Redcar - announced they will wait and refund on a pro rata basis once more known re Fixtures but fans can contact them

Eastbourne - said will review in June but anyone wanting refund due to hardship to contact them like Redcar.

Every Club is a separate Company. They are governed by BSPA on Speedway' matters but surely can't be instructed by BSPA on a business decision like this. Those 3 Clubs and probably others certainly aren't listening to alleged BSPA comments

It's between you and your Club!

Told this by a Promoter

Still has my money, no response and no tickets (even though they are worthless. )  Possibly just what you may expect from a promotion that rewrite the rules for blue badge parking to suit their own agenda.  

52 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Still has my money, no response and no tickets (even though they are worthless. )  Possibly just what you may expect from a promotion that rewrite the rules for blue badge parking to suit their own agenda.  

Compare and contrast with Eastbourne.

17 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Compare and contrast with Eastbourne.

They even had a management troll to defend and trivialize their totally  disgusting conduct over blue badge parking. I will not starve and if I thought it would help Panthers I would let it go , but I am not prepared to donate money to those who IMO are totally devoid of morality. Circa £500 is not an insignificant amount of money

12 hours ago, wealdstone said:

They even had a management troll to defend and trivialize their totally  disgusting conduct over blue badge parking. I will not starve and if I thought it would help Panthers I would let it go , but I am not prepared to donate money to those who IMO are totally devoid of morality. Circa £500 is not an insignificant amount of money

Their is absolutely no excuse for not responding, You have paid for a season ticket in good faith and the least they could do is respond to your enquiry, Its pretty poor PR by the club, because as you say £500 is no small amount, you always have recourse to Trading standards as a last resort if the club continues to ignore you..