British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Season Ticket Holders

On 4/24/2020 at 7:49 PM, craigACE said:

Hopefully not too may will be demanding their money back. That could be the difference from being here or going bust.

That is fine but if clubs do go bust, and the way things are looking in many other areas of uk business, they will, then you will lose out...as has been said £500 is a lot of money. Clubs should do the right thing and pay the season ticket money back now, no question about it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

That is fine but if clubs do go bust, and the way things are looking in many other areas of uk business, they will, then you will lose out...as has been said £500 is a lot of money. Clubs should do the right thing and pay the season ticket money back now, no question about it. 

Absolutely correct. Poor show that they haven't phoned every ST Holder and offered the money back 

It amazes me that people still buy season tickets for speedway, nobody has ever been locked out due to sell outs in the modern age and most are non transferable with very little savings, miss one meeting and you are out of pocket.

I bought 4 tickets for a concert that had to be postponed until later in the year and the promotion refunded my ticket money the next day. Speedway clubs who are notoriously poor with refunds, should do the same now because they will not earn any sympathy by screwing the customer. The virus situation for us all is tricky but BSPA or SCB should put out a statement about this immediately as ignoring requests for refunds or withholding money with no reasonable explanation about there plans is wrong. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

I bought 4 tickets for a concert that had to be postponed until later in the year and the promotion refunded my ticket money the next day. Speedway clubs who are notoriously poor with refunds, should do the same now because they will not earn any sympathy by screwing the customer. The virus situation for us all is tricky but BSPA or SCB should put out a statement about this immediately as ignoring requests for refunds or withholding money with no reasonable explanation about there plans is wrong. 

In danger of repeating the blindingly obvious.

It has nothing to do with BSPA/SCB what 22 individual Clubs do!

In the same way that when Workington and Lakeside and Rye House went bust, it's 22 individual Clubs, 22 sets of Directors and 22 different strategies to the issue.

Your season Ticket Refund is between you and your Club.

No one else. 

Some Clubs have refunded. Some Clubs have clearly set out processes to refund on request. Some Clubs appear to have done nothing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HGould said:

In danger of repeating the blindingly obvious.

It has nothing to do with BSPA/SCB what 22 individual Clubs do!

In the same way that when Workington and Lakeside and Rye House went bust, it's 22 individual Clubs, 22 sets of Directors and 22 different strategies to the issue.

Your season Ticket Refund is between you and your Club.

No one else. 

Some Clubs have refunded. Some Clubs have clearly set out processes to refund on request. Some Clubs appear to have done nothing.

Ok, then clubs should come clean and put out options rather than just ignore the situation and not respond to requests which clearly is the case with a number of clubs. You literally can not speak or contact anyone at the clubs to get information or a refund. 

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Ok, then clubs should come clean and put out options rather than just ignore the situation and not respond to requests which clearly is the case with a number of clubs. You literally can not speak or contact anyone at the clubs to get information or a refund. 

I doubt any club would keep season ticket money as it would be the ultimate PR disaster, maybe clubs are waiting to see what is to become of the 2020 season first then make a decision, or maybe once we know what is happening there will be a directive/instruction from the BSPA.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, screm said:

I doubt any club would keep season ticket money as it would be the ultimate PR disaster, maybe clubs are waiting to see what is to become of the 2020 season first then make a decision, or maybe once we know what is happening there will be a directive/instruction from the BSPA.

Never been a problem for Speedway.:blink:

• Haha 1

Every Club will be different re refunds. Same with anything that have been paid for in advance. Some fans will need their money back, Some will want their Club to keep it to help them. On top of all that, I am not sure if Clubs will even be contactable at the moment. It is a tough one to judge. Patience is the word i am hearing the most.

18 hours ago, craigACE said:

Every Club will be different re refunds. Same with anything that have been paid for in advance. Some fans will need their money back, Some will want their Club to keep it to help them. On top of all that, I am not sure if Clubs will even be contactable at the moment. It is a tough one to judge. Patience is the word i am hearing the most.

I think it is optimistic sycophancy at best to think many people will do that. I would also question why they would be doing that just now given most clubs will have minimal outgoings 

RE the point about clubs not being open and contactable, that isn't overly hard to judge - they absolutely should be contactable and absolutely should be offering refunds to anyone who wants one. 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Some fans at some Clubs clearly can and have been able to communicate.

Kent / Redcar to name but 2 and there are no doubt some others

Generalisations serve no purpose 

Edited by HGould

On 4/25/2020 at 10:28 AM, *JJ said:

Have you any reason to believe that the Brummies will go bust?

"BSF negativity"  when talking about this subject. :rofl:

Common sense is a decent reason to suggest some Speedway teams will most likely not exist or go bust in the near future, it is being spoken about as possibly for English Premier League teams with cash reserves Speedway sides can only dream of it is going to bite in Speedway as well. 

Every club will have its own budget and costs and will make their respective decision on season tickets (and sponsorship/advertising income for that matter) when they know for definite if/when the season will get underway and what format and number of fixtures there might be.

No club and no fan or sponsor knows that yet!!

As for contacting clubs - try via their website, facebook page, Instagram or Twitter feeds assuming that email or phone doesnt get a response - or don't all clubs have these methods?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Every club will have its own budget and costs and will make their respective decision on season tickets (and sponsorship/advertising income for that matter) when they know for definite if/when the season will get underway and what format and number of fixtures there might be.

No club and no fan or sponsor knows that yet!!

As for contacting clubs - try via their website, facebook page, Instagram or Twitter feeds assuming that email or phone doesnt get a response - or don't all clubs have these methods?

So will every person who has paid for a Season Ticket and the sad reality is most will have had their budget seriously altered that is something known for definite. 

If clubs are holding season ticket money, it is a pretty bad look. 

Remove Speedway from it for a second because it creates an emotional bond most can't separate and then see it as someone giving a high street retailer £300 for nothing in return, because that fundamental is what is happening just now.  

Some likely do buy they season pass for the love of the sport, to help with the club, most don't and are doing to see a weekly sport which they aren't being provided. 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

1 hour ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

So will every person who has paid for a Season Ticket and the sad reality is most will have had their budget seriously altered that is something known for definite. 

If clubs are holding season ticket money, it is a pretty bad look. 

Remove Speedway from it for a second because it creates an emotional bond most can't separate and then see it as someone giving a high street retailer £300 for nothing in return, because that fundamental is what is happening just now.  

Some likely do buy they season pass for the love of the sport, to help with the club, most don't and are doing to see a weekly sport which they aren't being provided. 

Yeah but if the high street retailer is waiting to re-open with new stock, including what the customer wants, in a couple of months so what is the issue?