British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

scam callers

2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

You think you've got problems. I've just had someone trying to sell me a speedway season ticket ;-)

Certainly not for Peterborough.....eh Rob? 

55 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

How much?  Any reduction for us oldies?

Yeah, half a crown...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Certainly not for Peterborough.....eh Rob? 

Is there still a track at Peterborough? ;-) I am only aware of six Premiership tracks these days...

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 10:54 PM, wealdstone said:

Just had a scam Email telling me there was a prob with my TV lic and asking me to create a direct Debit for payment

Probably the BBC

On 3/27/2020 at 2:04 PM, ShyTalk said:

Likely they will step up their efforts, as they often, try to use the fear factor. I have my own way of dealing with them, as follows:

Upon realising a call is a scam, I remain calm, and pretend to be in need, of, and grateful for their help. I then say I need a few seconds, to do something, quick, but urgent (turn the bath taps off, turn chip pan off). I then put, phone down, do not end call, and waste their time, while they are waiting for me to return (which I will not do).

I once got some scammer calling me back, about 4 times, thinking he had conned me, before he realised, I was conning him.

That's what my mum does, TBH she started doing it accidentally, my dad just puts the phone down sometimes telling such callers to "do one".  Me, despite not giving my phone no. to anyone for years, being ex-directory and having a 'block' on my number I still receive quite a few, if it's a number I don't recognise I just don't answer, if it's important (it next to never is) they will text or write to me....

1 hour ago, martinmauger said:

if it's a number I don't recognise I just don't answer, if it's important (it next to never is) they will text or write to me....

I'm the same. Not so much worried about the scamming, i have better things to do than to waste time listening to some tw*t...