British Speedway Forum

i take it is on the same day  (27th)as the peterborough v newcastle   meeting , but one @ 7pm and the other @ 7.30pm . was it not poss to have one of the meetings the following day . not moaning like .  peterbough gets my voting viewing tho .. 

• Haha 1

Close meeting if I remember rightly?

Was the KOC final the following week or the week after (when some final's took place in August).

Watched bits and pieces of it last night and really enjoyed it - loved that time watching Edinburgh. Great seeing some old faces. 

Anyone any idea if Geoff Chandler is still floating about speedway? He was a character. 

That last Heat decider was some race.Les Collins was guesting some effort from him to get the vital 3rd place.:mad:

Tonight on EMTV-Rewind

EdinburghMonarchs.png SomersetRebels.png

MONARCHS V SOMERSET, 2013

Join us this Tuesday, 31st March 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to August 2013 for the Premier League match between Monarchs and Somerset!

Got a Facebook account? Watch there now to join the conversation with other supporters!

WATCH ON FACEBOOK 

Watching on a mobile device and have an AppleTV, Chromecast or Samsung Smart TV? You can watch the action on your television! Just tap here and follow the instructions.

Somerset were our great rivals in the early part of the current decade and on 26th August 2013 they came to Armadale at the start of their northern tour looking for a victory. The result was an exciting match with our solid team (which had young Josh Bates guesting for Mitchell Davey) facing up to the twin threat of Jason Doyle and Nick Morris. There are two interviews in this presentation, one pre- and one post-match but the latter one is affected by a microphone problem.

Set a reminder at https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/emtv-rewind

Edited by edmon

Was actually there great meeting hope your next choice is one of a Berwick win lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Was actually there great meeting hope your next choice is one of a Berwick win lol

Don’t think the Monarchs will lose a matc;):D

Credit where its due to the Monarchs, thank you for keeping us entertained during these times... although the Scunny league match from 2012 would be epic showing ;) 

, it just shows how much the entertainment  out side of the racing is more important than the actual racing itself ! if that makes sense ..  the racing was decent , one race after another was a bit of a downer tho . i would like to think that when you purchase one of the tapes up dvd,s  , they have more in between stuff going on .   looking forward to the next 15 mins of speedway from the tricky track ...  well done embra for putting this on during the CLOSED season .. 

On 3/28/2020 at 8:06 AM, JanAndersen said:

Anyone any idea if Geoff Chandler is still floating about speedway? He was a character. 

I bumped into Geoff last year and emailed him last night to check he is doing OK. He is and sounds very cheerful. He stopped coming to Armadale at a time when his work made it awkward, and he also had a spell of ill health. He writes articles on chess now.

6 hours ago, Al Stewart said:

I bumped into Geoff last year and emailed him last night to check he is doing OK. He is and sounds very cheerful. He stopped coming to Armadale at a time when his work made it awkward, and he also had a spell of ill health. He writes articles on chess now.

Thanks for the update. Good to hear he's well but a shame he's not in and around speedway still. 

EdinburghMonarchs.png BerwickBandits.png

When Berwick visited in Championship Shield action, they produced one of the best matches of the 2019 season. The Bandits were topping the Northern Section of the shield at the time. This show features several interviews and a dramatic conclusion! - Runtime: 41:30

91922098_223413322053016_708659410594116

Got a Facebook account? Watch there now to join the conversation with other supporters!

Watching on a mobile device and have an AppleTV, Chromecast or Samsung Smart TV? You can watch the action on your television! Just tap here and follow the instructions.

Edited by edmon
  • Like 1

My thanks to both Edinburgh and Isle Of Wight for the videos they are showing while there is no live speedway. Also looking forward to the double header from Eastbourne tomorrow. I have no doubt that other teams are also doing this but those are the three I know about and they deserve our grateful thanks for their efforts. I wonder how many away wins will feature????

On 4/1/2020 at 9:19 PM, edmon said:

EdinburghMonarchs.png BerwickBandits.png

When Berwick visited in Championship Shield action, they produced one of the best matches of the 2019 season. The Bandits were topping the Northern Section of the shield at the time. This show features several interviews and a dramatic conclusion! - Runtime: 41:30

91922098_223413322053016_708659410594116

Pretty sure Garcia and Bates both mistook (forgot)the tapes  as finishing line and it cost them heat wins,both pipped on the real line.:rolleyes:

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1