British Speedway Forum

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:32 AM, Paulco said:

Two league matches from 2011 I wouldn't mind reliving 

They should show that meeting when you guys were 'allegedly' average fixing. See what fans from other parts of the country made of it.

Personally speaking, I actually found it quite funny. I mean, it was so blatantly obvious! But I get what the aim was and fully understand why. I would want my team to do the same if roles were reversed, even if it meant losing heavily to Glasgow.

Been watching loads of '2nd tier racing' on YouTube over the past few weeks..

It's been great to see racing from different tracks..

Most of the racing I have focused on has been from around 2009 to the present day..

And one thing I have noticed is that there must have been only 30 riders in the whole of the league for the past 11 years, as every time you watch the next meeting from somewhere else, maybe a few years later, most of the same riders are there but all riding for some one else...

Did anyone stay for a team for more than a couple of years? :D

2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

The point I was making was that EMTV show great matches and not their major triumphs. Of course you don't go to the polar opposite and show disasters. That's a ludicrous and pointless comment. You find middle ground, showing great speedway which doesn't always mean trophies. Perhaps their market isn't as knowledgable about the sport as Edinburgh's? All they seem to be able to watch is glory. I prefer speedway. 

Now I must apologise for inflicting Poole's poison on this thread. Sadly now they're in our league we will have to put up with them, hopefully not for long.

Thank you EMTV, you are making the lack of speedway that little more tolerable.

Poole, you offer nothing. 

Tracking back over the posts it was you that introduced the 'poison'. 

You clearly don't like anything to do with Poole so just don't watch any of the videos. Simples! (Incidentally next Wednesday its Poole v Brummies from 2013 if you want to know what to avoid!)

As for this section being 'your' league, well 'simples' seems to be an appropriate word. By the way from previous comments I thought you were only interested in the 'international' section.

Apologies Monarchs fans - keep up the good work.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have yet to see a club put on a home defeat. The clubs are playing to their own fans and rightly so. I am enjoying the Edinburgh videos and Redcar as well. Some good racing. 

A few Clubs have put up Home defeats.

Not all are like Poole.

Since Poole arrived in the CL acting like big time charlies, it has certainly been to the detriment of the CL.

Soonest out and in the PL or more likely NL as Matt Ford calls time, the better.

Be nice if Barry Bishop took over Poole and taught you all a bit of humility and reality, and how to win friends.

No we are just fine as we are, the biggest club in the sport no matter what league.  Other fans must have a team to aspire to and want to emulate.  That goes for all sport.

Mind you I haven’t noticed us acting as “big time Charlie’s” since The club was taken down.  Perhaps the professionalism of the club makes us look that way?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No need to be bashing Poole. They have been a real elite Club. Maybe that is why they are getting stick. Top ones always seem to get that. i am sad they have dropped down. Had to though. Belle Vue fan saying this.

3 hours ago, HGould said:

A few Clubs have put up Home defeats.

Not all are like Poole.

Since Poole arrived in the CL acting like big time charlies, it has certainly been to the detriment of the CL.

Soonest out and in the PL or more likely NL as Matt Ford calls time, the better.

Be nice if Barry Bishop took over Poole and taught you all a bit of humility and reality, and how to win friends.

Who really cares what the results are!!

The certain few the can only knock (whatever they do) are really sad.The club has a fine history and has been well run over the years with a good support.That is not the case with a few other Promotions.

Would you guys take your arguments over Poole elsewhere. I set this up for EMTV information to be posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, edmon said:

Would you guys take your arguments over Poole elsewhere. I set this up for EMTV information to be posted.

apologies

19 hours ago, King Jamie said:

They should show that meeting when you guys were 'allegedly' average fixing. See what fans from other parts of the country made of it.

Personally speaking, I actually found it quite funny. I mean, it was so blatantly obvious! But I get what the aim was and fully understand why. I would want my team to do the same if roles were reversed, even if it meant losing heavily to Glasgow.

Yes there was quite a few breakdowns at the tapes that night lol , surely just bad luck . Plus Max Dilger spoiled things that night by allowing himself to be passed 

On 5/8/2020 at 11:51 AM, edmon said:

EdinburghMonarchs.png NewcastleDiamonds.png

MONARCHS V NEWCASTLE

Join us this Friday, 8th May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to July 1999 for the Monarchs v Newastle Premier National Trophy Semi Final.

Monarchs and Newcastle Diamonds have had many hotly-contested matches over the years, home and away, and 1999 was an especially intriguing year. Diamonds won home and away in the Premier National Trophy then Monarchs did likewise in the KO Cup, so when the teams met in the semi-final of the Premier National Trophy it was something of a decider. The first leg was at Armadale with Monarchs keen to build a big lead, and Les and Aidan Collins standing in as guests.

The motor doing the motor things. Was a joy to watch every week nobody could get round Armadale like that man.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Was looking forward to that meeting what a waste of money that was.

Have to admit Peter Carr was mighty impressive round Armadale back in the day.

Thanks for the video guys.

On 5/9/2020 at 3:54 PM, Gazc said:

Have to admit Peter Carr was mighty impressive round Armadale back in the day.

His first/second bend cutbacks were sublime.

Easily my favourite rider growing up. I also loved how miserable her was!