British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

His first/second bend cutbacks were sublime.

Easily my favourite rider growing up. I also loved how miserable her was!

Wonder what he does nowadays ?

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I also loved how miserable her was!

Yes! I do remember his programme notes being rather pessimistic. Great rider, phenomenal consistency over 7 seasons.

However the Sport moves on and new heroes are found apparently.

Peter Carr was a good rider at Sheffield as well  providing plenty of entertainment great to watch 

11 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

His first/second bend cutbacks were sublime.

Easily my favourite rider growing up. I also loved how miserable her was!

3 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Peter Carr was a good rider at Sheffield as well  providing plenty of entertainment great to watch 

Whatever caused the feud between him and his brother ? 

30 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I remember some time ago Tsunami posting something about this. It might have been on a thread to do with altercations between riders.

Peter Carr is probably approaching 60 now in the not too distant future. He had several great years (from a spectator point of view) at Newcastle, very late 80's I would say

4 hours ago, Paulco said:

I think It was them that had a fight behind the pits after a Riders Championship at Sheffield Number of Years ago! Louis came off worst by the look of him.

Edited by Fromafar

EdinburghMonarchs.png KingsLynnStars.png

MONARCHS V KING'S LYNN

Join us this Tuesday, 12th May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to June 2007 for the Monarchs v King's Lynn Premier League clash.

2007 wasn’t one of our more successful seasons and we had a major team revamp in mid-season. Before that, we faced up to the most successful side of the time, King’s Lynn Stars, who were League and Knockout Cup winners in the previous season. They were still very much a team in contention the following season as they came to Armadale on 8th June led by star heat leaders Tomas Topinka and Daniel Nermark.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Wonder what he does nowadays ?

Truck driver i think? Still does a bit of Motocross based on his rare twitter posts. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2020 at 5:55 PM, edmon said:

EdinburghMonarchs.png KingsLynnStars.png

MONARCHS V KING'S LYNN

Join us this Tuesday, 12th May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to June 2007 for the Monarchs v King's Lynn Premier League clash.

2007 wasn’t one of our more successful seasons and we had a major team revamp in mid-season. Before that, we faced up to the most successful side of the time, King’s Lynn Stars, who were League and Knockout Cup winners in the previous season. They were still very much a team in contention the following season as they came to Armadale on 8th June led by star heat leaders Tomas Topinka and Daniel Nermark.

Nermark was very good. 

On 5/11/2020 at 12:06 PM, Paulco said:

It was connected to the takeover of Sheffield and the way Cliff Carr was treated. 

13 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Nermark was very good. 

Right after he was no longer with us unfortunately.

4 hours ago, gmuncie said:

Annoyingly so 

54 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Right after he was no longer with us unfortunately.

Baffles me why you guys didn’t stick with him after his average had dropped so much, seemed highly likely that he would get back to his previous form once he had properly gotten over his injury. We reaped the reward of that low average. Was there more to it than met the eye? 

EdinburghMonarchs.png GlasgowTigers.png

MONARCHS V GLASGOW

Join us this Friday, 15th May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to April 2011 for the Monarchs v Glasgow Spring Trophy clash.

Monarchs were defending League Champions as we entered the 2011 season, though it was to prove a season in which our rivals from the west enjoyed a great deal of success. Their team contained four former Monarchs plus the talented Nick Morris at reserve as they arrived for the first leg of the Spring Trophy. Ryan Fisher had moved on from Armadale after making a great contribution to three superb seasons, but we did have new signing Craig Cook in place, purchased from Workington. Would it prove to be a good investment?

Edited by edmon

On 5/13/2020 at 9:28 PM, Bagpuss said:

Baffles me why you guys didn’t stick with him after his average had dropped so much, seemed highly likely that he would get back to his previous form once he had properly gotten over his injury. We reaped the reward of that low average. Was there more to it than met the eye? 

He didnt want to return to Edinburgh for another season... 

• Thanks 1