British Speedway Forum

EdinburghMonarchs.png NewportWasps.png

MONARCHS V NEWPORT

Join us this Tuesday, 19th May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to July 2004 for the Monarchs v Newport Premier League clash.

View image on Twitter

We were defending our first ever league title win in 2004, and it proved to be a slightly disappointing season, more due to bad luck than poor performances. We still had the magnificent Schott-Carr-Schlein trio but had to release Magnus Karlsson after our title win. Magnus actually went on to win the Premier League title again, with Hull. Visitors on 16th July were Newport Wasps, with star man Craig Watson and recent signing Mads Korneliussen leading their challenge.

Edited by edmon

EdinburghMonarchs.png BirminghamBrummies.png

MONARCHS V BIRMINGHAM

Join us this Friday, 22nd May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to July 2010 for the Monarchs v Birmingham Premier League clash.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:32 AM, edmon said:

EdinburghMonarchs.png BirminghamBrummies.png

MONARCHS V BIRMINGHAM

Join us this Friday, 22nd May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to July 2010 for the Monarchs v Birmingham Premier League clash.

Good meeting. 2010 Ryan Fisher was phenomenal entertainment as shown that night, heat 13 fantastic stuff. Kalle Katajisto what a waste of a talent that boy was shame he choose the wrong path.

20 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Good meeting. 2010 Ryan Fisher was phenomenal entertainment as shown that night, heat 13 fantastic stuff. Kalle Katajisto what a waste of a talent that boy was shame he choose the wrong path.

What happened to him? Also, how was he riding at no.7? Was Busch on a silly high assessed average?

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

What happened to him? Also, how was he riding at no.7? Was Busch on a silly high assessed average?

Took a liking to alcohol and went down the wrong path. Was in jail not long ago for robbery in his home country. Started the season on 3.00 average and finished it on 7.03. Busch came in on and assed 7.00.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, edmon said:

EdinburghMonarchs.png NewportWasps.png

MONARCHS V NEWPORT

Join us this Tuesday, 19th May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to July 2004 for the Monarchs v Newport Premier League clash.

View image on Twitter

We were defending our first ever league title win in 2004, and it proved to be a slightly disappointing season, more due to bad luck than poor performances. We still had the magnificent Schott-Carr-Schlein trio but had to release Magnus Karlsson after our title win. Magnus actually went on to win the Premier League title again, with Hull. Visitors on 16th July were Newport Wasps, with star man Craig Watson and recent signing Mads Korneliussen leading their challenge.

Still have no idea why Korneliussen wasnt used in heat 15 instead of Lund?! 

862568931_armadledevils.jpg.a17c77993e8ff102ddcdac43bd702834.jpg1331621630_ryeraiders.jpg.a5b70aeda3e6e3a9d070c61ce272d0a2.jpg

Join this Tuesday 26th May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to 2005 for the Devils v Rye House Conference League clash

will it be on vhs or betamax. ?

17 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Be alot better without pinky and perky.!

It would be good to hear what you do think is good about Edinburgh as all I ever seem to read from you is what you don't like!

2 hours ago, edmon said:

It would be good to hear what you do think is good about Edinburgh as all I ever seem to read from you is what you don't like!

prob just the road out !

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, edmon said:

Their is lots to like about edinburgh i went 3 times last season when work aĺlowed, i admire the way and work of the promotion to keep the track open all these years with a little help from our promotion a few years ago, but watching the race nights from various tracks and edinburgh not the only one people pop up and go on and on and on my choice i dont dont like it, but am gratefull to watch the racing.last week i even kept the sound on for mr hunter last week.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 2:33 PM, edmon said:

862568931_armadledevils.jpg.a17c77993e8ff102ddcdac43bd702834.jpg1331621630_ryeraiders.jpg.a5b70aeda3e6e3a9d070c61ce272d0a2.jpg

Join this Tuesday 26th May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to 2005 for the Devils v Rye House Conference League clash

Enjoyed watching this back, travelled up for this as part of the Rockets’ northern tour as a kid. This is one of my favourite meetings strangely enough, the racing was decent, the scoreline was tight throughout and most memorably in heat three Karl White’s helmet came off when he fell on the first bend and I thought it was his head. Luckily it wasn’t and he wasn’t badly hurt because it could have been much worse. He was at Berwick that evening watching the Rockets. 

1272497153_scottishopenphoto.jpg.2db587e5ca8a382af9bf2a4567b48b66.jpg  Jack Young Trophy

This Friday, 29th May 2020, from 7:30pm we turn back the clock to 1999 for the Scottish Open Championship.

Edited by edmon

SomersetRebels.pngEdinburghMonarchs.png 

SOMERSET v MONARCHS, 2014 PL FINAL 1st Leg

On Tuesday, 2nd June 2020, from 7:30pm the clock is turned back to October 2014 for the Premier League Final 1st Leg between Somerset and Monarchs - the 2nd leg will follow on Friday 5th. With thanks to Rereun Videos for their cooperation in bringing both legs together.

Edited by edmon