British Speedway Forum

On 5/30/2020 at 10:14 AM, edmon said:

SomersetRebels.pngEdinburghMonarchs.png 

SOMERSET v MONARCHS, 2014 PL FINAL 1st Leg

On Tuesday, 2nd June 2020, from 7:30pm the clock is turned back to October 2014 for the Premier League Final 1st Leg between Somerset and Monarchs - the 2nd leg will follow on Friday 5th. With thanks to Rereun Videos for their cooperation in bringing both legs together.

That second leg heat 15 was easily the best moment at Armadale as far as i am concerned. Drama personified. I was convinced the ref. wasn't going to let the second lap complete and it would need to be rerun. 

Very excited for this weeks showing that 2nd leg has got to be the greatest speedway meeting I’ve ever been too, for nerves, drama and just an all out emotional rollercoaster. Heat 15 without a doubt being the best feeling I’ve had at speedway.

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Very excited for this weeks showing that 2nd leg has got to be the greatest speedway meeting I’ve ever been too, for nerves, drama and just an all out emotional rollercoaster. Heat 15 without a doubt being the best feeling I’ve had at speedway.

the worst being that big reversal by worky in 2018.  

EdinburghMonarchs.pngSomersetRebels.png 

MONARCHS V SOMERSET

This Friday, 5th June 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to October 2014 for the 2014 Premier League Grand Final 2nd Leg.

The 2014 Monarchs had performed superbly right through the season and were easily the leading side in the Premier League, but under the Playoff system of course it can all go wrong at the death. For the second year running we were pitched against Somerset in the Playoff Final, with both teams suffering injury absences. Rider replacement applied on both sides with Rebels using a guest for Ollie Allen. A tense wait for the referee's decision on heat 15 ensued.

Edited by edmon
day edited

Was great reliving that night. Even to this day I still get goosebumps watching it. The meeting had everything and we couldn’t of won it in a better way.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Was great reliving that night. Even to this day I still get goosebumps watching it. The meeting had everything and we couldn’t of won it in a better way.

is that when you were gifted a 5/1 in the last heat., is that the one ? meeting was all on the last heat for the title and the ref awarded it.!  or is that another meeting i was thinking of ?

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Might have been better to win on the track rather than from the ref's box.anyone remember who the ref was that night ?

26 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Might have been better to win on the track rather than from the ref's box.anyone remember who the ref was that night ?

Michael Brekon. He considered that by staying down Aspgren was acting unfairly and put the lights on as the leading rider, Cook, crossed the finishing line. 

was down for the first leg as was holidaying in cornwall,watched the second leg last night and personally thought that the rebels were robbed by the decisions by the ref.to have two re runs when summers was clear in that heat and morris and cook came down when it was clear it was cook at fault was shocking.congrats obviously to Edinburgh but the victory must have felt a little hollow.the refs decision was appalling and he was pretty much the same for the majority of the races.charles wrights exclusion was a bad decision also.just an opinion.

58 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

was down for the first leg as was holidaying in cornwall,watched the second leg last night and personally thought that the rebels were robbed by the decisions by the ref.to have two re runs when summers was clear in that heat and morris and cook came down when it was clear it was cook at fault was shocking.congrats obviously to Edinburgh but the victory must have felt a little hollow.the refs decision was appalling and he was pretty much the same for the majority of the races.charles wrights exclusion was a bad decision also.just an opinion.

Have a few pints before watching it? Effect  your vision.

the more u watch it the worse it looks for the ref,snedden falls on his own in ht 2 rerun ,ht 6 cook clearly knock of morris and as for ht 13 masters falls on his own first time rerun morris and master  collide 50/50 call but cook comes off on his own then stars fighting with  summers who never touched him and is allowed back in, years later history was to repeat its self!

Had a watch earlier , have no bias towards either team but Somerset were robbed. Some shocking decisions from the ref. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Have a few pints before watching it? Effect  your vision.

And there you have it,maybe the other two had a few pints too,not.somerset were robbed.end of.