British Speedway Forum

On 8/21/2020 at 3:56 PM, geoff100 said:

Its best watched from about 15 in after the chuckle bros have finished and even then with the sound down :t:

Oh aye they're fn torture. 

Have I mentioned the weird "looking to the side" in an empty room? 

I actually don't mind the commentary. It's so unabashedly biased and one eyed that it's almost a refreshing change from the usual political correctness. 

• Like 2

Apparently the live stream was crap mum tried to watch lad as she couldn’t be there kept buffering and freezing 

17 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Apparently the live stream was crap mum tried to watch lad as she couldn’t be there kept buffering and freezing 

Was it the stream,or was it her Wi -Fi.(just asking)

1 minute ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

We have very good WiFi freezing constantly refreshing but hey how she saw the lad crash twice 

Yes seen on Twitter Edinburgh said there had been buffering and freezing

2 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

Oh aye they're fn torture. 

Have I mentioned the weird "looking to the side" in an empty room? 

I actually don't mind the commentary. It's so unabashedly biased and one eyed that it's almost a refreshing change from the usual political correctness. 

Derek Smith was the same on the Glasgow webcasts.

It appears there were problems with the local internet connection. EMTV have apologised and were obviously as frustrated as we were. You only have to look at the rewind meetings to know their normal high standards. It was unfortunate it him them on their big day. There will be more with hopefully better luck with matters outside their control. 

All you can do in this situation is to apologise and learn how to prevent the problems recurring. I'm sure they will. 

This Friday Edinburgh have their final rewind of the summer, the 2002 Scottish Open.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:51 AM, RobMcCaffery said:

It appears there were problems with the local internet connection. EMTV have apologised and were obviously as frustrated as we were. You only have to look at the rewind meetings to know their normal high standards. It was unfortunate it him them on their big day. There will be more with hopefully better luck with matters outside their control. 

All you can do in this situation is to apologise and learn how to prevent the problems recurring. I'm sure they will. 

BT and virgin had been doing a fair bit of digging in the area that day and a few days previous, which I believe had something to do with it however managed to fix it part of the way through the meeting. 
just very unfortunate as the live streams for the matches last season were of great quality and never had any issues at all with.

37 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

BT and virgin had been doing a fair bit of digging in the area that day and a few days previous, which I believe had something to do with it however managed to fix it part of the way through the meeting. 
just very unfortunate as the live streams for the matches last season were of great quality and never had any issues at all with.

That's good. I look forward to watching further streaming. I know WMTV's standards are high and there's not much you can do in last week's situation. I've also really enjoyed the Rewinds, especially Mike's distinctive commentaries. 

• Like 1

Tomorrow at 7.30pm EMTV will  stream the Caledonian Rider's Championship. Full details can be found on the club website. Again the cost of the stream will be £5

7 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Do we know the full line-up for this event, please?

see 2 posts above for details  .

Line-up: