British Speedway Forum

EMTV is another doing a good job during this lockdown.

• Like 3

By far the best in choice of meetings and quality of commentary.  I’ve watched a couple of Eastbourne meetings and they use two commentators which seemed a good idea but one says indeed constantly and the other says absolutely in reply.  Drove me crazy and I switched off after heat 7. 

• Like 1

Who ever was the ref that night can only hope he was watching with his head in his hands, not one decision right ;)

Forgot just how good Andre Compton was in that particular era. Always a dependable 8.5 point man but really stepped up in 06/07. 

Always enjoy listening Mike's commentaries, he says it as he sees it.Thank you to all at Emtv for the weekly uploads.

Edited by Robinh88

I'm thoroughly enjoying the racing. Always good to see a small track where you can pass on the outside. I've been a couple of times but you get a better idea from these excellent videos. Thank you for helping us through this awful period, Monarchs. 

As for Mike, I wish I'd had the courage to be quite so direct! A true antidote to the sycophantic videos being posted by a certain outfit near Bournemouth ;-)

• Like 2

Two league matches from 2011 I wouldn't mind reliving 

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

Two league matches from 2011 I wouldn't mind reliving 

Who won:D

21 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I'm thoroughly enjoying the racing. Always good to see a small track where you can pass on the outside. I've been a couple of times but you get a better idea from these excellent videos. Thank you for helping us through this awful period, Monarchs. 

As for Mike, I wish I'd had the courage to be quite so direct! A true antidote to the sycophantic videos being posted by a certain outfit near Bournemouth ;-)

Personally I thought the IOW Warrior videos have been very good!  Same production company - Speedway Portal - that do several other club vids.

EdinburghMonarchs.png NewcastleDiamonds.png

MONARCHS V NEWCASTLE

Join us this Friday, 8th May 2020, from 7:30pm as we turn back the clock to July 1999 for the Monarchs v Newastle Premier National Trophy Semi Final.

Monarchs and Newcastle Diamonds have had many hotly-contested matches over the years, home and away, and 1999 was an especially intriguing year. Diamonds won home and away in the Premier National Trophy then Monarchs did likewise in the KO Cup, so when the teams met in the semi-final of the Premier National Trophy it was something of a decider. The first leg was at Armadale with Monarchs keen to build a big lead, and Les and Aidan Collins standing in as guests.

On 5/7/2020 at 11:06 AM, Skidder1 said:

Personally I thought the IOW Warrior videos have been very good!  Same production company - Speedway Portal - that do several other club vids.

Nothing wrong with the Isle of Wight coverage. You know who I mean. Not your best attempt at wit. Well, half-way there. Poole's arrogance shines through in those videos that they are showing. Might it be an idea to show some decent matches rather than bathing in your trophy-hunting glory? We all know you've won so many titles, and how. 

Thanks to your pathetic mischief-making I've had to explain to Andy that my comments were not attacking him. Comparing the delightful IoW videos with the strident arrogance in the commentary on the Poole videos is like comparing chalk and cheese. 

By the way the conversation was friendly and we agreed on many points. Not the outcome you were hoping for but you can go and wallow in your endless videos of Poole's shabby glory. 

Edinburgh have won a fair bit over the years but despite this are obviously choosing meetings on their quality, not whether trophies were won. Perhaps you don't have any similarly interesting meetings down there? 

This thread has been rightly celebrating a great service from EMTV and sharing the enjoyment. You might try the same. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping Poole head back to the Premiership soon without poisoning an enjoyable and generally friendly level of speedway. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

How weird. Surely the Poole videos are for the Poole fans and if we have been basking in our glory that is what our fans want to see. And boy do we have a lot of trophies to show for it! The most successful club in the sports modern era by the proverbial mile. No other club comes close.

Your dislike of anything Poole is frankly hilarious.

As for the meetings that other clubs have been showing, some are good some are very poor, like Ipswich v KL snooze fest on Thursday. The IOW meeting videos are good quality but the racing is marginally above dire. 

Not sure what meeting Poole will show on Wednesday but pretty sure it will be another good one for the Poole fans. You are not forced to watch it.

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How weird. Surely the Poole videos are for the Poole fans and if we have been basking in our glory that is what our fans want to see. And boy do we have a lot of trophies to show for it! The most successful club in the sports modern era by the proverbial mile. No other club comes close.

Your dislike of anything Poole is frankly hilarious.

As for the meetings that other clubs have been showing, some are good some are very poor, like Ipswich v KL snooze fest on Thursday. The IOW meeting videos are good quality but the racing is marginally above dire. 

Not sure what meeting Poole will show on Wednesday but pretty sure it will be another good one for the Poole fans. You are not forced to watch it.

I have MUTV...

And it's amazing how successful we have been since SAF left when you watch it..:D

As you say, 'Our Top Ten Defeats' isnt going to get too many Poole fans watching is it?

Might get 'one or two' others though..;)

Edited by mikebv

Have yet to see a club put on a home defeat. The clubs are playing to their own fans and rightly so. I am enjoying the Edinburgh videos and Redcar as well. Some good racing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I have MUTV...

And it's amazing how successful we have been since SAF left when you watch it..:D

As you say, 'Our Top Ten Defeats' isnt going to get too many Poole fans watching is it?

Might get 'one or two' others though..;)

The point I was making was that EMTV show great matches and not their major triumphs. Of course you don't go to the polar opposite and show disasters. That's a ludicrous and pointless comment. You find middle ground, showing great speedway which doesn't always mean trophies. Perhaps their market isn't as knowledgable about the sport as Edinburgh's? All they seem to be able to watch is glory. I prefer speedway. 

Now I must apologise for inflicting Poole's poison on this thread. Sadly now they're in our league we will have to put up with them, hopefully not for long.

Thank you EMTV, you are making the lack of speedway that little more tolerable.

Poole, you offer nothing. 

• Like 1

looks like fans will be watching em tv for a while yet as the notting hill carnival has been cancelled . it was due to start on the 30th of august and finish on the 31st the following day .

then again , i am sure they could hold it behind closed doors , could they not ? 

roll on 21 ......