British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Which clubs are showing regular match videos?

1 minute ago, Speedway fan said:

it was on there last week.... 

Sorry used your post as an example. But there appears to be a number of videos which don't get listed - only 3 listed for this coming week.

2 hours ago, edmon said:

Why don't we see all these meetings listed on British Speedway Website?

Does this show which clubs are good at publicity and those which are poor?

Why does it have to be on the website? This forum page seems to do the job.

2 hours ago, edmon said:

Why don't we see all these meetings listed on British Speedway Website?

Does this show which clubs are good at publicity and those which are poor?

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It would be nice just for publicity, they could run a fixtures section showing virtual speedway meetings for the week, it can't do any harm..

Edited by M.D

Polish Extraleague site showing Ipswich vs Swindon from 1998..

Gollob, Louis, Rickardsson, a young Scott Nichols, Adams, Nilsen etc

Well IOW are showing a past meeting every 3 days so there you go. WELL WORTH WATCHING IMO. And they are not my lot.

21 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Not all speedway fans are on the forum

Poole v Lakeside 2008 Final 2nd leg Wednesday 29th April at 1930 hrs. This follows meetings over the past 3 weeks on Poole's regular race night!

Spotted a couple of Redcar meetings. On Speedway GB a classic between Coventry and Belle Vue has been on for a week or so. I miss Coventry probably the most out of all the defunct clubs. I have a feeling they will be back. HOPE SO.

1 hour ago, craigACE said:

Spotted a couple of Redcar meetings. On Speedway GB a classic between Coventry and Belle Vue has been on for a week or so. I miss Coventry probably the most out of all the defunct clubs. I have a feeling they will be back. HOPE SO.

You can see the Bees in action next week 

• Like 1

I watched the Scunny / Somerset final from 2012 the other night and was a little underwhelmed with it really. Deciding the league title with guests and R/R all over the shop wasn’t a good look either but that’s nothing new I guess. 

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I watched the Scunny / Somerset final from 2012 the other night and was a little underwhelmed with it really. Deciding the league title with guests and R/R all over the shop wasn’t a good look either but that’s nothing new I guess. 

I think it's also different when it no longer really means anything.

Take last weeks Witches v Stars (I can never use Knights or Silver Machine it's just not right!)

It was pretty ordinary watching back from a racing point of view.

On the day however it was a local derby with Witches at the top of the league. It was a nip and and tuck meeting where both teams led couple of times. A last heat decider for both the result on the night and the bonus point and in that race 4 of the top 10 riders in the world at the time!!

A very different proposition .....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think it's also different when it no longer really means anything.

Take last weeks Witches v Stars (I can never use Knights or Silver Machine it's just not right!)

It was pretty ordinary watching back from a racing point of view.

On the day however it was a local derby with Witches at the top of the league. It was a nip and and tuck meeting where both teams led couple of times. A last heat decider for both the result on the night and the bonus point and in that race 4 of the top 10 riders in the world at the time!!

A very different proposition .....

Very true. Obviously being there live is much better anyway but knowing the result also takes all the jeopardy out of it. Expected better racing from two wonderful tracks but understand the weather really didn’t help. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 10:28 AM, Speedway fan said:

Not all speedway fans are on the forum

It would also make it quicker to glance at and see what is on that night on line in the chronological order like a fixture list :)

Just go on YouTube..

There are loads of full meetings going back a good couple of decades and more, from all different tracks..

Link it up to your TV (if Youtube not included), and fast forward through to just watch the 15 mins or so of racing, and you can see plenty of matches in just a couple of hours..

Got a couple of bottles of South African White chilling away ready to watch a good few matches tonight...

Berwick from around five to ten years ago is fast becoming a favourite..

And with the beauty of algorithmic predicting, the next meeting suggested is invariably to your cup of tea...

Or Chardonnay as the case may be..;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1