British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Which clubs are showing regular match videos?

Forgive my little advert... but having watched the heats on the random speedway heat thread it inspired me to transfer my Speedway DVD collection to the internet and create a YouTube channel. The source material sometimes leaves a bit to be desired as it's all VHS transferred to DVD and then to PC and then re-encoded, so you may be able to find better quality elsewhere (some of the VHS's were Long Play also... remember that!!).

I tried to do this before but ran into copyright issues with some of the content, so hopefully it'll be OK this time as I'm being more careful.

Anyway, the channel is called "Sunshine Speedway" and I'll be uploading what I can over the next few days. If anybody does view it and has any better idea of the dates or venues of meetings please do leave a message somewhere and I'll change it. Hopefully there's some interesting and rare stuff there you may not have seen before.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbfL52jLjSBNAZUPgTWCDDw/

• Like 7

On 5/10/2020 at 2:47 PM, iainb said:

Forgive my little advert... but having watched the heats on the random speedway heat thread it inspired me to transfer my Speedway DVD collection to the internet and create a YouTube channel. The source material sometimes leaves a bit to be desired as it's all VHS transferred to DVD and then to PC and then re-encoded, so you may be able to find better quality elsewhere (some of the VHS's were Long Play also... remember that!!).

I tried to do this before but ran into copyright issues with some of the content, so hopefully it'll be OK this time as I'm being more careful.

Anyway, the channel is called "Sunshine Speedway" and I'll be uploading what I can over the next few days. If anybody does view it and has any better idea of the dates or venues of meetings please do leave a message somewhere and I'll change it. Hopefully there's some interesting and rare stuff there you may not have seen before.

Loving the amount of uploads you're doing..  some cracking meetings on there. 

• Like 1

Watched  Sheffield / Ipswich double header last night and the sound was about 3 seconds ahead of the action which was really annoying until I muted it. Did anyone else experience this or is it my rubbish equipment? Not the first time this has happened.

46 minutes ago, Knowle said:

Watched  Sheffield / Ipswich double header last night and the sound was about 3 seconds ahead of the action which was really annoying until I muted it. Did anyone else experience this or is it my rubbish equipment? Not the first time this has happened.

Sound was fine for me :t:

1 hour ago, Knowle said:

Unfortunately the Tigers were 3 seconds ahead of the Witches far too often for my liking but the sound was fine

• Haha 1

So many uploads again today, really enjoying looking back over the years at these.. great work Iain

• Like 3

Forgive my little advert...

Thanks for taking the time to upload. Most appreciated. 

• Like 1

It was a great few years from '99 when sky started televising league matches. All the top riders were here, strong teams, Loram in his pomp, Poole being predominately British, little Australia down in Norfolk and the lovely Suzi Perry in the pits with her great rapport with the riders. Great times. Thanks for uploading.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Terry said:

It was a great few years from '99 when sky started televising league matches. All the top riders were here, strong teams, Loram in his pomp, Poole being predominately British, little Australia down in Norfolk and the lovely Suzi Perry in the pits with her great rapport with the riders. Great times. Thanks for uploading.

And... the crowds! That's what shocks me when looking back, and we thought the sport was in trouble then, turns out it was happy days :o

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iainb said:

And... the crowds! That's what shocks me when looking back, and we thought the sport was in trouble then, turns out it was happy days :o

Indeed, the crowds, 5,000 at Arlington for a match I watched earlier, 2000 I think.  Great to see characters like Dave Norris, Stoney, Sean Wilson, Screeny et al, some of their interviews were priceless.  Thanks also from for taking the time to upload them, many of them also edited down nicely too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nw42 said:

many of them also edited down nicely too.

Lol... Them were the days when you only had 3 or 4 hour tapes to play with. How times have changed

BIRMINGHAM V BERWICK 2019

BIRMINGHAM'S 2019 fascinating home finale with Berwick will be broadcast this Wednesday night (May 20, 7.30).
After a testing first year back in professional league racing, the Brummies were desperate to finish on a high in front of their home supporters.
In association with ReRun Productions, the link to view the meeting will be posted on the club's Website, Twitter and Facebook pages on Wednesday at 7.30 prompt - so make sure to refresh your feeds at that time and see how the final fixture of the season panned out!

Why they do not this kind of events in speedway track specially while cinemas closed down this will creat extra income. And there is no social distance problem

On 5/11/2020 at 5:22 PM, iris123 said:

I don’t know if it is possible in the UK, but I have already mentioned elsewhere the plan that one club in Danish football have if putting up big screens in their car park and having spectators turn up in their cars. An idea that has also taken off in Germany with drive in cinema and even discos. You pay online so it is all contactless and you have to alert an attendant if you need to go to the loo. 
The problem of medical attendance will still remain for speedway though

cinema.jpeg

BIRMINGHAM supporters will be able to relive the night Speedway racing returned to Perry Barr this Wednesday (May 27, 7.30).
The Alan Hunt Memorial Trophy will be the focus of the latest 'Brummies In Your Living Room' series which has proved popular among the club's fanbase.
Team manager Laurence Rogers said: "As soon as this current season was delayed we were keen to provide supporters with their regular Wednesday night racing fix by bringing them old meetings online.
"At first we stuck to a selection of our meetings from last season but now we've decided to dig deeper into the archives.
"For the foreseeable future we'll be extending our series and supporters will be able to relive some dramatic fixtures from over the past 13 years or so.
"Our thanks once again go to ReRun Productions for providing us with the footage and we hope supporters continue to enjoy these streams while it is viable to bring them their way."
A link, featuring nearly 90 minutes of footage including interviews with Ivan Mauger, Tony Mole, Graham Drury and Jason Lyons among others, will be posted on the club's official website and social media channels at 7.30 prompt this Wednesday (May 27).
The fixture took place on March 21, 2007 and a competitive field was assembled for the historic re-opening.