British Speedway Forum

Today's newspaper is saying Cardiff expected to remain a hospital until April next year. The Welsh Rugby Union are looking for alternative venues for this year's Autumn Internationals and next year's Six Nations.

• Like 1

Yes does not look good to say the least about any speedway this year.

Hopefully get a refund on tickets but hotel another matter :neutral:

Edited by topaz325

Also spare a thought for the poor travel companies that are left with dozens of empty hotel rooms they are now stuck with !

42 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Yes does not look good to say the least about any speedway this year.

i wonder how it will be next year too .. with a possible knock-on effect?? :(

Yes, possibly still have some social distancing in place, a person in the media , i think it was sky or BT said it would be nearly two years before the Arsenal ground was full to capacity again.

Martin Smolinski said in the Star this week that he does not think that we will see any speedway this year.

Doom and gloom!!;)

Edited by topaz325

2 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Today's newspaper is saying Cardiff expected to remain a hospital until April next year. The Welsh Rugby Union are looking for alternative venues for this year's Autumn Internationals and next year's Six Nations.

Yet Cardiff tickets and coach travel are still available to buy on the SGP website, i just checked...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Yes, possibly still have some social distancing in place, a person in the media , i think it was sky or BT said it would be nearly two years before the Arsenal ground was full to capacity again.

Martin Smolinski said in the Star this week that he does not think that we will see any speedway this year.

Doom and gloom!!;)

Arsenal's ground hasn't been full for many years.   Wenger managed to have it half empty in his latter years :D

How does a presenter on BT know what no one else does.   Its BS not BT.    There are 101 questions to be answered on coronavirus.  Can we catch it twice, when will a vaccine be found, we don't even know the UK exit plan yet.   No one knows.   Anyone listening to rumours needs to think twice.

You will find out next week if Cardiff will go ahead as Boris will be announcing his exit plan.   Ireland have banned crowds at sport events until August 10th and even then its with strict social distancing rules.    Just my opinion but it must be doubtful the UK would be any sooner.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Arsenal's ground hasn't been full for many years.   Wenger managed to have it half empty in his latter years :D

How does a presenter on BT know what no one else does.   Its BS not BT.    There are 101 questions to be answered on coronavirus.  Can we catch it twice, when will a vaccine be found, we don't even know the UK exit plan yet.   No one knows.   Anyone listening to rumours needs to think twice.

You will find out next week if Cardiff will go ahead as Boris will be announcing his exit plan.   Ireland have banned crowds at sport events until August 10th and even then its with strict social distancing rules.    Just my opinion but it must be doubtful the UK would be any sooner.

It was a professor i think....

Rumours have started.B)

Edited by topaz325

4 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

It was a professor i think....

Rumours have started.B)

Rumour is BS and you can't be sure who the person was on BT.     Enough said.

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Yet Cardiff tickets and coach travel are still available to buy on the SGP website, i just checked...

Giving the current situation anyone buying SGP tickets, booking hotels and flights needs to be medicated IMO. Best case scenario is that we get six rounds all in Poland, possibly with an empty stadium. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, screm said:

Giving the current situation anyone buying SGP tickets, booking hotels and flights needs to be medicated IMO. Best case scenario is that we get six rounds all in Poland, possibly with an empty stadium. 

No chance of any GP`s if empty stadiums requirements are still in force.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No chance of any GP`s if empty stadiums requirements are still in force.

EXCEPT Poland possibly ...

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

EXCEPT Poland possibly ...

The PZM, Wroclaw and Torun give everyone there money back and then BSI/IMG give them all that money plus what they paid to host it back ?  no chance.

52 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The PZM, Wroclaw and Torun give everyone there money back and then BSI/IMG give them all that money plus what they paid to host it back ?  no chance.

We shall see ...